So, I was driving around the WHITBY area...

rbaquial

Hey OFC'ers,

I was driving around the Whitby area and drove along Victoria St and passed by some really 'promising' areas for fishing. I was curious, has anyone ever gone fishing around Whitby area? How is it? ie: for Pike, Steelhead etc....

This is the area that I saw in specific... From Victoria St view... there was a nice bay that had some good weed growth along its edges.... I was really curious on how the Pike are for that conservation?

If anyone can provide some healthy information about the Whitby area... I'd appreciate it! Thanks! :D

RoB

I've always heard of pike being caught there, but I've never done it myself. I'd say the better bet would be to fish down on the end of Brock Street, at the old boat launch and all along the boardwalk in the Whitby marina. I've heard of many pike being caught there. The creek doesn't get much in the way of rainbow, but there's always the possibility, and of course it's full of carp.

Hope that helps.

This area tends to be quite shallow. It gets very dirty from all the waterfowl. Great place to birdwatch. No parking signs everywhere. Not good for kids because of the high volume of traffic. The pier at the mouth of Whitby harbour is a better choice. Pike, perch, carp, just lots of room and people watching too. Try Oshawa harbour as well.

Good luck!

That bay you are talking about does hold pike but only when the water is high though. I also came across a dead musky in the 45 inch range, just a monster.

Problem is its really shallow. REALLY shallow like to the point of birds standing in the middle of the bay some days.

Lots of carp though

Went to cast this area last wekend and it was still frozen where I wanted to fish. It will also cost you to park in the parking lot . BRUTAL, the Town of Whitby should be ashamed of themselves. Charging people to park at the marsh, what a way to get families there to learn about the environment.

I tried the end of Brock last weekend and didn't see any caught. My buddy had a small hammerhandle follow but no commit. Also try other marinas off the lake with bays. Click on googlemaps and do some research. There are alot of places to try. Do this now, you only have two days left to enjoy this opportunity. Tuesday is the last day before the season is closed on pike for a month.