How to find a property owner?

doubleheader

There is this nice camp on an island on the west arm of Nipissing that hasn't had any activity for a few years. How does one find the name and address of the owner? I have nosed around the internet to no avail probably just because of my own ignorance. The interesting thing is I know the owner is from a small town in Pennsylvania not too far from where I live, I just don't have a name or telephone number. Appreciate your input OFC'rs and have a great day.

the MNR might be able to give you a name, that would be a start. also, the tax rolls are usually available to search if you know the area the search may be easy to find a mailing address as well as the appraised value.

I hope your able to track down the info you're looking for. There were 4 properties on the French River that I noticed had not been used in several years. I was able to contact the families that owned them (3 of which were Americans) but despite the fact that the properties remain unused to this day, none of the owners were even remotely interested in selling.

Most of the buildings on those properties are in need of maintainance but the owners would rather have them decay than sell. Funny, eh?

Thanks everyone. Troutologist, I'll check out that website. Fishnwire, I'll probably have the same experience as you, but maybe with the economy here in the US, who knows. I sure would like to own this place. Great summer retirement home and I'm not far from hanging it up. Thanks again everyone. Any more ideas are welcome.

Okay I just did something cool using Google Earth I got the coordinates of the island and included that in my enquiry to the Ontario Land Registry Office. If you want to check it out here are the coordinates. 46,13,31.74N and 80,18,36.56W

Edited by doubleheader

Most municipalities have a land registry office

http://www.ontario.ca/en/services_for_resi...s/STEL02_165696

I'll second the land registry office.

Infact, I used the one in owen sound a couple years back to inform a fellow that I did infact have the right to stand in a particular river as it flowed through his property.

I could have mentioned that I was able to make contact with the owners of the French River properties by speaking with the local marina operator, who happened to be a friend of mine. I'm not sure if there's a marina anywhere near the property you're looking at, but you could try speaking with whomever the owners may have done business with in the area. Sometimes businesses keep contact info on their clients for years.

I dunno...I hope this helps. Let us know how things go, and good luck!