NEOS overshoes

pike slayer

hey guys, early this winter i went fishing with my buddy and his dad and he had these wild boots that i never seen or heard of before and i just loves them and has had them for a few years. they are really neat, you wear your running shoe in them and they are 100% waterproof, i was doing some searching around and i found them and i ordered myself a pair and i just thought others might be interested in a pair of these also or see if anyone else was wearing neos and how they like them. heres some links to them!!

http://www.overshoe.com/recreational/produ...tail.php?s=N5PS

http://www.thebackcountry.net/cart/product...amp;page=1#tabs

I've had a pair of NEOS overshoes for years, and although I haven't used them much in the past, they are handy when I have.

I see that NEOS also makes hip wader versions now, which might be interesting as a backup or as an addition to the "emergency fishing kit" I keep in my car.

Cheers.

I see that they have cleats on them i have not ever seen them could they be used as wading shoes?

Just slip on the stocking foot and you are good to go.

Any feed back on this would be great, as I have a bad leg this would make my life alot easier.

Thanks in advance,

FLEX

The soles are typically not thick or rigid enough to be used without a pair of shoes underneath.

Also, wading shoes are not designed to keep water out, but to drain relatively quickly after being submerged. The NEOS overshoes aren't designed for this. I'd imagine that once the shoes start taking on water, it wouldn't drain properly until you took them off.

You could try the hip wader (River Trekker) version, but they don't have the metal cleats nor would you have the flexibility to wade as deep as you could with waist- or chest-high waders.

Hope that helps.