Itching to FISH !!!!!

john_C

Hey I'm new here. First post of what most likely would be many more to come! Last year i just started a business, so fishing took a step back last summer. Now that everything is stabilized and the ball is rolling, I have a whole years of fishing to make up for .. :P

Now that that's out of the way... I'm really itching to get some Crappie and other good sized panfish... I live in Vaughan and usually go to the Holland... I've been hearing good things about Christie Reservoir and Waterford Lakes. Any other good shore fishing areas to go for Crappie and Panfish? I do practice catch and release 95% of the times.. the other 5% is when i want to bring home a few Crappie, Sunnies for a good evening meal after fishing.

Oh it's going to be routine now... Just like checking company e-mail, I'm going to have to visit this board on a daily basis.. I will have plenty of pictures to show this year !!! :)

I was surprised to see that the Holland is already free of ice. Problem is this bloody inconsistent weather... plus 8 one day, -4 this morning.. By the end of the week, after the warm rains on WEDS and the double digit temps on the latter half of the week, the Crappie should be up by next week... I'm losing Patience :) olol

Welcome to the board dude!

I don't know any shore spots for ya, but I was out on Long Point Bay last weekend and the water was still only 38 - 39 degrees in the warmest spots, and 34 in the open water so I know they haven't moved in to spawn yet here. Like you said, maybe by the end of the week or next week. Despite the warm afternoons my back-yard pond has been frozen over every morning for the past week.

Cheers,

UF

Hey Drop shot

I just read your post after posting my own about crappie fishing ..

welcome to the board,

It's very helpfull as you will find out soon..

I will post my findings on the crappie hunt.

I have much to learn, being a large species fisherman other than the odd perch...

Good luck mabey we will see each other on the water.....

Tight lines.....

Edited by CodeRed