now THAT was expensive bait

Rizzo

I 'm always surprised how many people I see dumping thier bait buckets into the lakes instead of destroying the bait.

I've mentioned it the odd time and get varying responses :rolleyes:

Im guessing that people either think the species are native to the waterbody (some are, some arnt) and dont understand how dumping bait may displace native populations of baitfish, and have the potential to screw up the fishery in a small lake.

Im also guessing people dont know what Viral Hemorrhagic Septicemia is. I can see a potential live bait ban in the future because of it.

The OMNR definitly needs to increase public awareness, putting little ads in the fishing regs is not enough.

I'll never forget the experiment we did in kiddy school ... froze a goldfish bowl .... solid .. with a goldfish it it ... one solid block of ice... then defrosted it slowly ... the gold fish swam around just as pleased as punch ...

They are a VERY hardy fish especially in cold water.

Guest gbfisher

Froze yers did ya? We did the opposite. Microwave. :blink:

..only diff was that the fish swam really fast...................... and burst.... :oops:

Guess they can't handle the heat to well... :huh:

Don't freak out people. We just thought the Piranha and Oscar would like their food cooked a bit first. They ate em live or cooked...... :lol:

Froze yers did ya? We did the opposite. Microwave. :blink:

..only diff was that the fish swam really fast...................... and burst.... :oops:

Guess they can't handle the heat to well... :huh:

Don't freak out people. We just thought the Piranha and Oscar would like their food cooked a bit first. They ate em live or cooked...... :lol:

:lol:

EXPENSIVE YOU SAY????

how about the bait shop in keswick just up from the tim hortons on queensway

we stopped there on saturday morning to get pike minnows and he soaked us for $10 for 6 of them..

he has lost my business now....