Pier Fishing

rapala14

I'm one that always offers to help land a fish for someone, often times when I'm on the river and the guy has a net, but has walked down stream so far that his/her net is beyond reach. I definitely understand people not wanting to let a stranger use your equipment, that's why I'll offer to do the duties though I often also lend my net to another person in their group so they can do the honours and blame themselves if they lose it in the process!

Plus the quicker I stop that fish from thrashing around in the water (and scaring away other fish) the quicker I can get my line back in.

Lending a net is no diffferent to me than helping someone stuck in a snow drift, out on Simcoe. You help because it's the right thing to do... you lend your net for the same reasons. If you don't, well, the Karma gods will find you.

If you don't want to lend it out, why not net it for them yourself? I guess I'm a little more open to helping others then some here.

If yah lent your net and it comes back broken, you got no one to blame but yourself. If you help them land the fish, you may end up with a friend, future fishing partner etc... to my mind, that's worth a heck of a lot more than the value of a net.

HH

I'll be sure to land your next Temagami fish for ya Bud.... :D