Lake Simcoe Closer

rhare

Well another season has come and gone and its been another excellent year on Simcoe. This weekend we fished off the North shore between the 6th and 7th line oro.

Saturday was a tough bite, we had a hard time finding aggressive fish. I could not keep a fish on to save my life! I had 8 fish come unbuttoned before I finally put my first fish on the ice.

We moved out to deeper water around 110 and found some active schools of whities. Dan put a hurting on them with the badboy landing 4 and missing a bunch more in a hour. Steve managed one and missed a couple and I landed a laker... go figure. Moved back to 90fow and found some more active laker's and landed a few more before we called it a day.

Weescot hand a good day landing a beauty laker around 5lbs

Only snapped a couple shots then the camera died.

Alex with a little whitie to start the day

100_1608.jpg

fisheye view

100_1614.jpg

Hoping Sunday was going to be a action packed day, Dan,Alex and myself headed way out to 105fow and looked for some whities to start the day.Steve and his friends came out and met us.

Wow how things had changed, nothing marking at all. After a 1/2 hour of little to no action I had enough and packed up and went towards 95fow looking for some laker's. It didn't take long and I was into my first of the day. The action was steady and we landed a bunch of nice laker's. I gave Steve a call to come in and just as he answered I hooked into a hefty laker. A great way to end the season!! My hut was on fire all afternoon, after landing a bunch more fish I started inviting people in to fish and get in on the laker's. Everyone that came in landed 1-3 fish. It was a great afternoon bite with beautiful weather, what a way to end the season. We iced around 20 fish today and everyone got in on the action

Tightlines

Ryan Hare

Dan with one

100_1630.jpg

Steve with a scrappy laker

100_1623.jpg

100_1629.jpg

Kelli with a beauty fish

100_1624.jpg

100_1626.jpg

Alex loving the laker's!

100_1621.jpg

Me with a nice one to end the year.

100_1618.jpg

100_1616.jpg

Nice job.

Well too bad it wasn't like that yesterday!!

I am very jealous.

Guess I am going to have to lay the beatin on the Simcoe fish from my boat because I got pwned by them on during the hardwater season.

Good report, I got skunked today but I only fished for an hour before I took my hut off the ice. My total for this ice fishing season was 50 trout, 82 whities, and 2 herring. My best season yet. Bring on the heat to start the softwater season ! :thumbsup_anim:

Good report, I got skunked today but I only fished for an hour before I took my hut off the ice. My total for this ice fishing season was 50 trout, 82 whities, and 2 herring. My best season yet. Bring on the heat to start the softwater season ! :thumbsup_anim:

Another fine season on the lake richyb! sounds like you put a hurting on the fish this year, and a good even spread.

I iced somwhere between 220-230 Lakers and only 3 whities!!!! Man I gotta work on my whitie tactics.

Well we probably could have thrown a stone at you!!! We took your advice and headed or Oro 6th line. Wish you had told us that it didn't go to the lake, had to go down to 7th :rolleyes:;)

We fished 90 FOW. We got a few bites but nothing else. People were catching them right near us, but not us. Oh well, it was a new place for us so that was nice.

I did meet Fisherpete out there. As we were leaving, I asked the guys fishing near us if they wanted our minnows. One guy said sure and then asked if I was on OFC. I replied yes and that I was Joey and he said he was Fisherpete. Nice to meet you Pete!!

Joey