Ever have the hair on your neck stand up?

Gerritt

Gerritt, 400 million? If you have ever seen how our military projects go that is just the low ball estimate to get the project approved. It wouldn`t surprise to see them actually cost twice that.

http://militarytimes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1570824

Parts made in 44 states? So the lobbyists representing the company could tell the politicians if you don`t approve this project we will run campaign ads saying your actions cost people in your state jobs. That is how it works down here. 70+ registered lobbyists for each member of congress.

Akron Ohio is where I believe the Goodyear blimps are made or, and stored, I see the flying past here all the time. I know they have a hanger for them off of state route 224.

Also get to see groups of hot air balloons once in a while, kind of a neat sight to see them drifting across the sky.

, lots of bright colors.

400 million dollars... how many mortgages is that? how many jobs could that be?... seems obscene to put that kinda money out now...

G

In theory at least, the 400 million will provide jobs and people with jobs get mortgages. In other words this is the "infrastructure" type spending that is talked about (meaning spending to create jobs).

Make no mistake, I think this entire financial thing is a fabrication for someones benefit (See AIG payouts this morning) but someone has to manufacture these things and that means jobs.

Jim

65,000ft huh. Ever heard of an AA missile. They shot down a U2 spyplane that was moving at 500 knots (or whatever) in 1960. How hard would it be to take down a blimp that doesn't move with todays technology? BAM 400mill up the chute. Military thinking at its finest. 400 mill could be used in much better ways to stimulate the economy.

RJ