importing a boat from a non title state

magicfingers

All you need is a bill of sale, a title isn't required...

If it was built in the US, Canada or Mexico you won't pay duty..

File you customs papers, once you get them back take those to Transport Canada and you'll get everything you need.

I imported my boat from Ohio, the boat and motor had separate title papers but they don't have titles for trailers. Trying to explain that to our MOT was a nightmare for a couple of days. I finally had to get a letter from MOT in Ohio stating that they have no titles for trailers and that a bill of sale is all thats required. It had to be on their letterhead.

thanks for the info.I have imported 2 boats but have never imported from a state that has no title.Just wondering how it worked for the trailer as well.notorized bill of sale is good enough? Boat is coming from alabama

thanks

magic

Oh my God you bought GCD's boat The Red Neck finally came to his senses and bought a TILLER boat :canadian::P

Magicfingers

I'm not sure about boats, but I know people that have attended the snowmobile auctions in Michigan earlier this year. The auction house has signs up telling Canadian buyers to only purchase the sleds with title and not the "bill of sale" only sleds.

Worth a call to Customs before making the trip to save you some agro on the way back.

Cheers

Craig