Pike Fishing Toronto

Shawn.V

Hey guys ill be back in T.O im thinking of doing some pike fishing downtown with a couple of my fishing buddies. I was thinking of maybe Frenchmans bay, Tommy thompson park (leslie spits), or maybe the harbour front. Any thoughts on which spot would be most productive? or any spot which would be better than any of those 3. Any advice appreciated

All the above spots mentioned are great spots during the spring time you just gotta go and try it. I would go leslie spits first, ontario place harbour front before heading to frenchmans bay depending where you live. Right now the water is still cold toss a 4" chub with a float and relax or work a jerk bait with slow retrieve.

Hey guys ill be back in T.O im thinking of doing some pike fishing downtown with a couple of my fishing buddies. I was thinking of maybe Frenchmans bay, Tommy thompson park (leslie spits), or maybe the harbour front. Any thoughts on which spot would be most productive? or any spot which would be better than any of those 3. Any advice appreciated

I don't think the Centre Island ferry operates until April.

I've always heard the Leslie Street Spit was a good spot. However, it's a such a big area, and I've never heard where exactly people typically fish there.

Poked around at frenchmans bay 3 days this past week.A couple of hours each time,landed a half dozen,saw maybe 20 caught.Fished the bridge at liverpool,if the water is dirty try the new retaining wall on the east shore.Huskys and original floaters were the baits,worked slow with long stops.

Edited by tonka-toy

Shawn.V and I headed over to Ward's Island today.

Unfortunately, most of the inner canals were still iced over and it was hard to fish.

We were forced to mostly fish into the main lake, which netted nothing.

Back on the mainland, we tried fishing off of Queen's Quay. Again, we had no luck.

Great day to be outside, though.