Quick Braid Question

I’m guessing I’m right on this one but when fishing in thick to moderate weeds do I need to be using a fluoro leader at the end of my line I mean the stuff is expensive and the braid would do a pretty good job camouflaging with the vegetation. Fluoro lead or not?

If I use Flouro at the end and I know the area I'm throwing it in won't have many rocks or abrasive stuff to rub up against... I just use regular Flouro line... either same # test or higher. If I know there are rocks and other rough stuff nearby, I'll add the Leader Material then. Otherwise, don't use it. If the vegetation is thick enough, it should be good enough to camoflauge the line. (at least that's my thinking...) any others with input?

not overly necessary. flouro is more important in clear water, the more stained the water, the less need for a flouro leader. also good for abrasion resistance but again, if ur just fishing weeds its not needed. if ur that concerned, try out spiderwire invisi-braid. all the benefits of braid, but with excellent translucency under water to make it almost invisible.

not overly necessary. flouro is more important in clear water, the more stained the water, the less need for a flouro leader. also good for abrasion resistance but again, if ur just fishing weeds its not needed. if ur that concerned, try out spiderwire invisi-braid. all the benefits of braid, but with excellent translucency under water to make it almost invisible.

Just a question for you regarding "Spiderwire Invisi-Braid"... I'm gonna be using it for the 1st time this coming season... I personally don't see it being as good as a "light-refractor" compared to the clear flouro stuff... Is it technically "ok" to attach a lure directly to the line... and literally, I won't have to worry about it being "as visible" to the fish??

Personally if I'm fishing the thick stuff, the less I have to worry about my rig the better. Attaching a flouro leader is just another point of failure...

I would worry more about lure presentation and fish location then the line, just my 2 cents...

Don't over complicate a relatively simple thing...

I use everyday 4lb mono in gin clear trout water and have nailed some nice fish, I'm talking 4-5ft of vis in some pools...

Just a question for you regarding "Spiderwire Invisi-Braid"... I'm gonna be using it for the 1st time this coming season... I personally don't see it being as good as a "light-refractor" compared to the clear flouro stuff... Is it technically "ok" to attach a lure directly to the line... and literally, I won't have to worry about it being "as visible" to the fish??

no line is gonna be totally invisible, different colors for different water colors will work better or be more invisible. but its perfectly fine to tie directly to ur lure. lines work the same way as gear... everyone has a preference on brands. i have used 3 types of braid, and ive found spiderwire to be the best, the next guy might prefer power pro, or fireline, or somethin different. but, spiderwire and fireline have made invisible braids. not being fond of fireline and its properties, i use spiderwire, and love it. i always tie directly to my lure with the braid. only when draggin a tube, jiggin a spoon, texas rigged worms... more finesse tactics, will i tie on a flouro leader. just make sure u use the rite rods and actions. with braid having no stretch, having a soft rod tip will prevent hooks from being pulled from the fishes mouth

Just ask youself if the fish have time to detect your line. If it is a horizontal presentation to ilicit a split second reaction strike from the fish then fluoro isn't necessary. i.e. ripping cranks threw weeds for bass,

spinners or spoons in river for trout. If it is a slower presentation and the fish has time to examine you lure then fluoro is absolutely a must. i.e. worming for bass on a weedline or float fishing for steelies. Water clarity is a factor but only secondary to the way you are fishing.