What do you guys Think 2 stroke oil on Sale

Fish Farmer

I don't know if this was posted.

$12.94 a Gallon at Bass Pro Shop

6 Gallon Limit

Pennzoil Marine® XLF Extended Life

Pennzoil Marine® XLF Extended Life Formula TC-W3® Outboard 2-cycle Synthetic Blend Oil was developed for engines that are ”seasoned“ or have been in service for a few years. The robust formulation makes this oil also very suitable for new high displacement/horsepower carbureted or direct injection outboard motors.

Benefits:

Pennzoil Marine® XLF is uniquely formulated with extra ashless dispersants to help:

Keep your engine running clean.

Guard against harmful engine deposits.

Protect against piston-scuffing.

Keep performance robbing carbon deposits from forming in the combustion chamber, piston tops and under crowns and piston-combustion rings.

Keep exhaust ports clean.

Pennzoil Marine® XLF is formulated to a higher lubricity limit than the NMMA that other site-27 lubricity test to provide EXCELLENT protection against piston-scuffing and reduced wear. Whether fishing or leisure boating, commercial or recreational, Pennzoil® XLF will help keep your investment running smooth and strong for years.

Recommended for engines with oil injection systems or for pre-mix. Meets engine warranty requirements for Johnson/Evinrude/OMC, Mercury Marine, Yamaha, Suzuki, Nissan, Force/US Marine, Mariner, and others requiring NMMA TC-W® 3 oils.

TC-W3 and NMMA are registered trademarks of the National Marine Manufacturer's Association, Inc.

Edited by Fish Farmer

Believe or not Penzoil is the ONLY 2 cycle oil my dealer told me to stay away from.

I have been using Walmart's Super Tech 2 cycle oil now for about 10 years. Works great in my 50 hp VRO Johnson outboard. Same color, texture and smell of Lubermatic Oil so I am guessing that is what it is. It sells here in the US for $7.95 per gallon.

Other great news I just recently found out is Walmart's Super Tech fully synthetic motor oil is Mobil 1 at a 50% savings.

Bob

Believe or not Penzoil is the ONLY 2 cycle oil my dealer told me to stay away from.

Other great news I just recently found out is Walmart's Super Tech fully synthetic motor oil is Mobil 1 at a 50% savings.

Bob

My mechanic told me the same for my truck and not to use Penzoil. Claimed it was a lower grade of oil and broke down too easily :dunno:

I've been using the Shell Nautilus 2-Stroke Oil the last couple of years and it seems to work well. Watch for it to go on sale at Canadian Tire in the spring. A few other on the board here were using it at one point in time.

Thanks for the tip on the Super Tech Bob.

Sources??? :huh:

This is not uncommon.... A friend works for a compressor service company and has seen a lot of the same; no-name products run on the same line as brand name (heavy duty Reynolds foil = heavy duty Equality foil)....

Burt :)

Guest steel'n'esox

My 60 horse Johnson blew up which is nothin unusual for the 3 cylinders, VRO failure I had the motor rebilt, and used OMC oil for the breakin and then switched to Amsoil, never looked back motor runs smoother,and with less noice and vibration, 7 years after the rebilt compression is still 120 in each cylinder, and when I pull out the plugs you can still see the shine on the tops of the pistons, motor runs better now then it did brand new, I now do not depend on technology(oil injection) etc from any manufacturer and premix my own at 50:1

My 60 horse Johnson blew up which is nothin unusual for the 3 cylinders, VRO failure I had the motor rebilt, and used OMC oil for the breakin and then switched to Amsoil, never looked back motor runs smoother,and with less noice and vibration, 7 years after the rebilt compression is still 120 in each cylinder, and when I pull out the plugs you can still see the shine on the tops of the pistons, motor runs better now then it did brand new, I now do not depend on technology(oil injection) etc from any manufacturer and premix my own at 50:1

Sorry to hear that your VRO failed. I have enjoyed my 50 hp VRO Johnson for 24 years starting this year as it is a 1985 model along with the Grumman boat and Tynee trailer. Runs great using the VRO injection system. I wouldn't think of removing it. My motor has three waring buzzards, one for low oil in the remote tank (1.8 gals) one for NO oil and one for engine over heating.

I have a new unopened qt of oil in the boat just in case I do have problems with the oil injection system but that quart has been in there for YEARS and YEARS now and just has become part of the boats equipment along with extra spark plugs and a old set of wheel bearing. So far knock on wood none have ever been used. I do all my own maintenance every year on the boat, motor and trailer. This way I KNOW it's been done and done right.

Bob

I know lots of antique outboard motor guys that swear by Pennzoil full synthetic 2 stoke oil. Some are marine techs. I doubt that the Pennzoil semi-synthetic is bad. I wouldn't hesitate to use it. Also, we don't have the full synthetic Walmart oil here in Canada. In fact, its hard to find full synthetic in Canada unless you buy Amsoil or dealer oil. I use Amsoil. I also have a couple gallons of Pennzoil full synthetic waiting for use this summer.

I should also add that any oil that is NMMA TC-W3 certified is fine.

Edited by boatman