Bay of Quinte video report

iceguy

Made a little video from my fishing the last few days. Unfortunately I seem to lose any decent walley at the hole and had a poor landing percentage. If you like cat fish there some good footage. Enjoy. <object width="340" height="285"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="340" height="285"></embed></object>

Great report and video iceguy :thumbsup_anim:

Looks like you guys did not want to handle that big cat once it was iced :lol: Best way the handle those is to grab them by the belly near the head and stay away from the side picks.... them picks if you get stung, will give you a burning sensation pain that will last for quite a while.

Too bad you lost that eye near the hole.... sure look like it was a biggun.

The music in the back ground was perfect :thumbsup_anim:

Thanks for sharing

Leechman

Edited by Leechman

It usually happens right at the hole because at that point the water isn't holding the fish anymore. When there is somebody there with you he should be on his hands and knees right beside the hole and be ready to get his arm wet. As soon as the fish is on it's way up the hole you just keep a tension on it and he should grab him by the gill plate.

Always some surprise when ice fishing at Quinte... i've pulled out Longnose Gar, whities, even mudpuppies when icefishing there.

That is a rare, nice big channel cat through the ice.