Quinte

Stoty

Thinking about going to Quinte this weekend, as I believe its the last weekend to fish.

(might be wrong about that though, dont quote me)

Hows the bite?

Trenton, Picton or Belleville?

Hi Stoty,

You are right this weekend is the last weekend on the Bay of Quinte and Sunday March 1st is the last day. The fishing has been spotty with fishing being good in some spots and not so great in others. The bite seems to be better just as it is getting dark and some nice size walleyes are being caught.

One of the main issues out here is the weather is warming up and some areas that have currents under the ice is eroding the ice away making it dangerous for anglers if you do not know the areas. Coming over the Belleville bridge the last couple of days I have noticed pockets of ice have disappeared and now it is open water. Big Bay has been producing some nice size walleyes and the ice conditions there are still in great shape, you will need an ATV or snow machine to get to some of the best fishing spots. As it is getting to the end of the season and ice conditions are becoming questionable I strongly recommend you hook up with a guide to get you into the safe areas so there is no worries or issues of safe ice.

Hope this is of help to you.

Best regards,

Sam

Stoty a few of us are heading out both days this weekend.

Fishing has sucked, but the company should be good.

We'll be fishing Big Bay or Huff's depending on weather/ice conditions....PM me if you want to meet up Saturday or Sunday this weekend.

Yeah watch the ice in the current. Spotty about describes the fishing in some of the usual spots. Last weekend there was still TONNES of ice outa the current. I was on ice almost 20 inches think in out of the current spots. soon as it starts to get some current under it it thins out fast. I was on 10 inches of a black/white ice mix and 20 feet into the current i was onto 6 inches of crappy white ice.

The rod on the left is on 6 inches of ice, the rod on teh right 5.5 inches.

P2200229.jpg

Be careful and good luck. I have heard good things all season fromt eh Deseronto area, but i also know there is some big open spots and terrible ice that way as well. Where ever you go ....be carefull and good luck.

-Dave