Sharing my worst day in 2008.

web-fisherman

Ok, I live right on Lake Ontario. I have a hoist and a Bass tracker right in my front yard. Last summer 8/2 on a gorgeous Saturday night, I decided to take the boat out of my hoist and tie it up on a buoy I had right by the hoist. All I would have to do is jump in the boat Sunday morning and Im off fishing. Done it several times. Water that night was like glass. Good to go!

As I was sleeping, My wife and I woke up around 3:30am to noticed our blinds in our bedroom moving inward which immediately told me a North East wind. It couldn't be, The weather man said Westerly. I went out to look at the boat and sure enough, It was rocking and rolling. After several minutes of observing, I decided to let it be seeing it was taking the waves quite well. So I went back to bed.

6:30 am I woke up and immediately looked out. All I saw was my engine. After gathering countless friends and family (5 hours of work) I finally had my sand filled boat back on the hoist. This is where I notice my tackle box full of 500+ lures etc was gone. We had a search party walking the banks, walking the sand bar etc. and Nothing ! As far as I know, Its still out there.

I am having fun replacing. I feel like a kid again.

Edited by Spiel

That sucks....A Lot, sorry to hear about the loss, but at least you will have fun shopping. I myself have thought about selling my tackle and replacing it with a much smaller more efficient set of lures and soft plastics than having a bunch of crap that i don’t even use....but that’s a different story.

Happy Shopping!

Yeah, I did that. In fact, Its all sand bar in front of the home and It was quite easy to walk around. I even took a boat on real clear days and drove around.

Thing is, I had lures in my bag that were 20 years old. I just couldnt get rid of them. Now, I buy each lure that I know I will use.

Thanks

Couldn't begin to add up the times the weather forecast was completely the opposite. Went out many times when the wind was totally different from what the weather network or the local TV forecaster said it would be. :wallbash:

Sorry for your loss, but it could have been worse. Have fun ;) doing your part in rebuilding the economy :stretcher: shopping for new equipment.

35 years ago myself, my bro & my dad were fishing and flipped the boat....don't ask....:P and each one of us lost nearly every piece of fish'n tackle we owned, including 6 rods and reels, 3 tackle boxes and every lure that didn't float.

Back in the day we always left the boxes open for easy access....really dopey thing to do :stretcher:

It was in May & the water was deep & cold so we never did get any of it back. It was an expensive fish'n trip but one we were able to laff about for the next 3 decades :thumbsup_anim: