Feb 15th -Valentines Boxing Day ? By Mr Sinns..

nautifish

Hi all !

Let me introduce myself. Im Steve ...But people call me Sinns. ;)

Nauti calls me that, and many other things that I cant write on a family site. Most of the things she calls me are true, but hey thats my job, Im a guy.

So she gave me the job of telling you all what we got up today. Today being Feb 15th, Valentines boxing day .... the romance is over let the boxing begin.

We got up (largest job of a day off for me) Nauti took a drive down too timmies before i could get my lazy butt out of bed and grabbed us both a coffee before our travels she took this shot of the sunrise over lake erie this morning.

sunrise.jpg

We then got ready to trip to Nautis Uncle Al's. This guy has more fishing stuff than you can imagine, years of collecting. He's sold his house & moving into an apartment and gave us a whole whack of stuff. We all ready recieved what Im sure is thirty or fourty rods of all descriptions and he had more he wanted to give us. We made the trip to Cambridge and picked up the boxes. We are now proud owners of thirty or fourty reels which we sorted when we got home. Some real cool antiques,some junk but all interesting.

reels.jpg

We also now have enough soft baits to last us three lifetimes (Im not kidding).

chest.jpg

The best box however contained the things that every fisherman needs.... I.E. , the "Redneck Fish Finder" (a stick of dynamite), the ever popular battery operated singing Lobster, and the item no one can do without, a trout oven mitt.

goodies.jpg

goodies2.jpg

lure.jpg

If I'd known you could stick your hand up a trouts butt and used it to lift hot pots I'd of been doing it years ago.

We left there and decided we would take a spin up the 401 to Woodstock and check out the Angling Outfitters store. We'd been before and the store was amazing, highly recommend it. Anyhoo got to Woodstock to find the store had moved just out of town. Arrived at the store just to find it was closed. No big deal, kinda disappointed we couldnt see the new place but we'll be back. Everyone deserves a day off on sunday to drink ... I mean go to church. Yah, thats what I meant.

We trucked off from there,grabbed some lunch and took a trip down to Pittock Dam. All open water on the river below the dam so we tossed in a line. Nauti had a good hit but other than that no luck. I guess thats why the call it a dam. d**n!........ d**n ....d**n!.

sinnsfishing.jpg

I chucked in a Berkley's blade dancer. Nauti picked up some of the smaller sized ones at the fishing show in Mississuaga on Valentines day.If you havent used these try them. They are worth the price just for the little combo spoon/hook that you get with them. Work awesome with twister tails and soft baits. Its been difficult to find the smallest size ones ,so we are stocked up again.

We fished at the d**n dam for a few hours and gave up.

On the way home we headed St. Williams way to see what was up on the ice, or the lack of ice. Akers was closed with a sign that read Thin Ice --- Closed,

ackers.jpg

yet less than a click up the way at Grangers it was busier than a dog with two dinks.

grangers.jpg

I gotta admit I dont think Id be out on the ice right now. Nauti didnt like standing on shore in case the land melted. She has ice phobia though. If you ever ice fish with her just keep saying "did you hear that crack?" and then jump up and down on the ice.

She really likes that. ;D

After Nauti pushed the car out of the mud and ice she'd parked on (hey, she's bigger & stronger than me) would you mess with a 6ft amazon? we headed down Port Rhyerse way on Front Road.

If you havent made the trip along Lake Erie on Front road you should. It's a beautiful drive. Winding road and lots of little lake side pit stops. It runs between Port Dover and St. Williams.

We got to Ryerse and discovered six swans had made a stop there on the edge of the lake. The largest being a tundra swan

three-2.jpg

(so Nauti told me, she's my national geographic now ....since she's replaced the topless women I used to gawk at in the magazine when I was a kid).This large swan was so comical, he was trying to eat my cigarette and even took a close look at the camera ..... very very close.

sinnsTundra.jpg

He wrapped his beak around the lens at one point.

hungry.jpg

Majestic and beautiful but not a bird to mess with.

Tundraswan.jpg

tundra2.jpg

We are going to go back in the morning and bring them some goodies. He defineatly was used to people.

We're bird lovers so it should be cool. Of course Ive been a bird lover all my life, which brings us back to my first playboy, National Geographic.

All in all a nice day out, weather was good for a change and the sun even made some brief appearences.

Sorry if this has been a long post, hope it didnt bore the crap out of you. Im not a big fan of the computer so you can take comfort in knowing that this probably wont happen again soon.

Besides .... Nauti made me do it. ;)

Thanks for "listening" and nice to meet you all.

Sinns