Just got my reward!

Big Cliff

Hey so sorry to hear what happened Cliff, even more sorry to hear how and why !

Day one is not the day to make any life altering decisions - but to share the support of all those you have done a good turn to over the years, and having met you even though it was only briefly I am sure those are MANY and more importantly they are the kind of folks whose support has substance and meaning.

Something to think about before you settle anything visavis severance is the following .... they will almost certainly ask you to sign a non-compete with whatever it is they offer to settle on .... think VERY seriously before you do and be sure to have a chat with your suppliers ... if they havent already called to find out 'the real story'

In my case I said no way to the non-compete... and I quickly found out that not only my customers, but my suppliers and most of the folks who worked around me wanted me to start my own business ... doing what we always did ... except now without the restrictions from non-believers and more importantly without worrying about little pricks like that who undermine instead of helping people.

Today my business is bigger than the one that turfed me and we kick their butt every time we meet on the dance floor ... why ... because nice guys DO NOT finish last ... and we keep getting invited back to the party !

Stay the course my friend this may be the biggest opportunity to do something you would have never considered until you got one upthebutt ... now however, all bets are off ... your friends will stay your friends and will likely (as we've already seen above) be thrilled to have the chance to help you get a running start.

Think about it seriously... you would be shocked how many successful businesses were started under exactly these conditions.

B/C, sorry to hear about that. From your last update, it's sounds as if one of your old suppliers might end up being interested in your services. Sometimes when you help someone out, you get the long shaft. BUT it makes you feel good at the time. I haven't met you but if you are like most of the people on this board, you are probably a good guy and things will work out for you. They always seem to for good people over time.

Good Luck and I'll second the 'no competition clauses'. Say NO!!!