Kennisis or Redstone lake in Haliburton Highlands

boatdrinks

Looking at taking the family somewhere new this year for a lot of fishing and fun on the water. For 30 years we have fished the Kawarthas and loved it, but this year i want to explore somewhere new. How does the fishing compare on Redstone and Kennisis lake? We typically spend about 75% fishing and the rest wake-boarding and tubing. Any insight would be great, as we are looking at places on both of these lakes. Thanks

Both very nice deep, clear lakes. Typical canadian shield lakes, different from the kawartha's. Mainly sm bass and lakers, but kennisis is also stocked with good numbers of brook trout.

I've only fished redstone thru the ice, but we did well with lakers, and a couple ling.

Sinker

One more question about Redstone, are there any good resorces online that track average water temp on that lake? Trying to get a feel for what it will be like come July. If any of you know first hand, let me know. I know Lower Buckhorn heats up really fast due to shallow water, and since Redstone is much deeper I'm trying to get a comparison. Thanks.

It'll be warm on the top 20' layer then a thermocline sets up below that... this is assuming it's a 'normal summer... it it's really hot, like it's been in recent years the lakes can get pretty warm, even down deep... epecially by August

that's a nice lake (Redstone)... and I rente da cottage years ago on Kennesis