copper nails copper

lew

She must have had a colleague pretty p-ssed at her to pull her over, can you imagine an OPP ticketing another OPP? But second guessing, I imagine she was grabbed by a radar and radar cameras don't discriminate between cars.

So then there is temporarily one less cruiser on the roads.

the OPP unmarked cruiser was impounded for seven days.
LOL

OPP NEWS RELEASE

POITRAS TOWNSHIP, ON – (October 17) - An officer from the Highway Safety Division, North Bay, seized a fire truck yesterday afternoon on Highway 63 as a result of the Street Racing Legislation.

On October 16th, 2008, at approximately 6:30 pm, the officer was travelling on Highway 63 when he observed a vehicle overtake another vehicle near the crest of a hill.

The vehicle was travelling in excess of 70 km/h of the posted speed limit.

The driver, a fireman, was operating a Fire Department Emergency/Rescue Response vehicle, GMC Yukon.

He was not responding to an emergency call at the time.

As a result of his actions, John P. DANDY, 31 years old of Kipawa, Quebec, was charged under the Street Racing Legislation, s.172 and with Drive left of center – approaching crest of grade, s. 149 of the Highway Traffic Act.

His driver's licence was seized and suspended for seven days as well as the Fire Department Emergency/Rescue Response vehicle was towed and also seized for seven days.

Guest skeeter99
OPP NEWS RELEASE

POITRAS TOWNSHIP, ON – (October 17) - An officer from the Highway Safety Division, North Bay, seized a fire truck yesterday afternoon on Highway 63 as a result of the Street Racing Legislation.

On October 16th, 2008, at approximately 6:30 pm, the officer was travelling on Highway 63 when he observed a vehicle overtake another vehicle near the crest of a hill.

The vehicle was travelling in excess of 70 km/h of the posted speed limit.

The driver, a fireman, was operating a Fire Department Emergency/Rescue Response vehicle, GMC Yukon.

He was not responding to an emergency call at the time.

As a result of his actions, John P. DANDY, 31 years old of Kipawa, Quebec, was charged under the Street Racing Legislation, s.172 and with Drive left of center – approaching crest of grade, s. 149 of the Highway Traffic Act.

His driver's licence was seized and suspended for seven days as well as the Fire Department Emergency/Rescue Response vehicle was towed and also seized for seven days.

that is another instance this one was with a female detective from the opp headquarters in orillia

I'm I the only one who has a problem with seizing a Fire Department Emergency/Rescue Response vehicle. I believe outside of North Bay the fire departments are volunteer. They are likely only to have one such vehicle. Charging the driver no problem but to needlessly jeopardize the communities safety is excessive. Imposing the monetary penalty associated with the impounding but leaving the vehicle avalible to serve the public would make far more sense. Let the fire department also deal with the driver for problems caused to the service.

Seizing an OPP police cruiser will not generally cause a safety problem as they have extras avalible for use.

Sure the public may be upset with the abuses of these police/fire personal but what would the outrage be if a life was lost because the vehicle that could have saved them was in impound?

Rick

Absolutely Woodsman, and I was thinking the exact same thing and impounding the rescue unit would be no punishment at all for the driver in question. I think we'll see some changes in the system after that incident as far as removing certain vehicles from service.