Anyone fish the Credit River?

profisher25

I am planning a fishing trip to the credit river in the near future, however I have never fished this river before. :dunno: I was wondering if anyone who has fished this river, if they could give me any pointers / accessible spots to fish!

If possible, that would be great!

Thanks in advance! :)

I am planning a fishing trip to the credit river in the near future, however I have never fished this river before. :dunno: I was wondering if anyone who has fished this river, if they could give me any pointers / accessible spots to fish!

If possible, that would be great!

Thanks in advance! :)

Here you go

http://craa.on.ca/index.shtml

Attention to the regs. Might be still frozen over

Jose

<_< Guys . I hate to spoil one's fishing but I believe to keep one's mouth shut isn't really fair to to others who want to fish the credit. I have fished the west credit since 1958 when I was a young kid and have seen a lot of changes since then. I can remember the river being white when the dairy in Erin would flush it's milk tanks. The septic tanks would leak along the river during the dry summer and the ministry guys would tell us to not keep the fish. If one wants a good read check the Orangeville banner a few weeks back .It's on the internet . They had a 4000 cubic meter raw sewage spill into the river a few weeks back about the last thaw. The grand river had one last year during one of these thaws. I don't feel the ministry tells us everything about these rivers they just want us to catch and release and thats it.I just had to put in my two cents worth. Steve

I agree with the both of you, the best kind of fishing is the kind where you go off on your own, fish, vs fisherman, 1 on 1, in the wild, I dislike all this commercial fishing nowadays, where its like a communal thing where everyone comes out to fish in the same spot and catch the same fish and throw them back, its only ruining the fun, and the lives of the fish. Its great for the kids yes, to introduce them to fishing, however I don't think its the best way to introduce them to this activity. I have been to many ponds, lakes, and rivers where there are absolutely no more fish what so ever, and why?? well because they have been fished to the point where they just don't bite anymore, or to the point where they have been overfished, and eventually die off due to the constant pressure. The reason I want to start fishing the Credit is #1. because the CRAA has done soo much to the river to help restore it that I actually want to fish it basically to support it! :P but #2. because its one of few accessible spots to go fishing and actually catch true beautiful, healthy, wild fish! :) Nothing beats a nice catch and release! :) And hopefully thats the way todays fishermen / conservationists keep it! Im not saying we should throw every fish back, however my point is that fishing is not a passion that we should abuse, catch what you need, and what you don't need, leave to let them thrive, and to continue a legacy of fishing so that one day our children will be able to enjoy the beauty of this passion that we enjoy today! :) Restoring wild Atlantic's is a great idea, i mean if they could reintroduce wild turkey in Ontario, why not the fish. I think the main problem is that the ministry doesn't want to re-deal with this situation in the future where Atlantic's potentially become extinct. But reintroducing them and setting up laws against people catching them and keeping them is the best bet! However i believe that the best way to be raising wild Atlantic's is to actually raise them in the wild, instead of raising them in these fisheries! They should experience life from day 1, so that they grow up to be wild. Fish sanctuaries in the wild would help Atlantic's best in my opinion.

p.s. ... srry for the 'essay', I expand on my ideas a bit much :P