Well I was going to the fishing show

BITEME

I was all excited for a minute when I saw "organs"...then I saw the slideshow. Guess they meant the Crappio keyboards. Likely just as well - if I adopt another Hammond, Jeff'll try to use me as a boat anchor. :D

(But all the same...if anyone stumbles onto a 31-series Leslie speaker...lemme know!)

I was all excited for a minute when I saw "organs"...then I saw the slideshow. Guess they meant the Crappio keyboards. Likely just as well - if I adopt another Hammond, Jeff'll try to use me as a boat anchor. :D

(But all the same...if anyone stumbles onto a 31-series Leslie speaker...lemme know!)

Ohhhhhh.....THAT kind of organ. :whistling:

2 up rights three or four fenders a real nice old ricky , 2 home mades and a few others that interested me at the time . Started collecting 30 years ago and than my best friend opened a music store and than my son started playing at three and so on and so . I tell the wife its our sons future , and even with the recent drop in prices I still have way more value than if we had put the money into stocks .. p.s. also got 8 or 9 bangos , some mandolines and damn maybe a doz violins and just about one of anything with strings on it oh ya the 4 cellos forgot them lol

Sorry that one for sure is not for sale, its a nice grey color that aged real well all originall , one of the ones my son knows he dont get untill im in the ground , not many I dont let him take out ,that bass and I have a nice old gold top that never leaves the bedroom (my first real guitar purchase , when I was 18 and got my first tax return , its mint , that guitar alone will buy him a big chunk of a house, but not untill i die , and thers a few old strats he dont get ) I bought him a nice 68 sunburst for his 4th birthday and thats still his main guitar but hes into 7 strings now and has a nice jem 7 he gigs with mostly .

Yah Cliff, my first bass was a sunburst Ricky, 4003. (They stopped production of the 4001 in the mid 80's and replaced it with the 4003. The later versions of the 4001 had some neck/truss rod issues, so Rickenbacher decided to release the 4003. It has a chunkier neck, but virtually the same design as the 4001.) Mine had some fairly serious truss rod problems, so I ended up selling it in the mid 80's. Still love the tone of a Ricky, but find them to be something of a one trick pony... but it's a pretty good trick, IMHO!

Currently there is a TWO year waiting list to receive a new Ricky from the factory. Used ones are selling in the $2k +++++ range!

Great bass for what they do, and man, are they sexy looking!

HH

PS... Geddy hasn't used a Ricky for recording since Moving Pictures and most of the album was recorded using his '73 Jazz. He did have a short period of time using a Wal (serious gass pains for that, but starting at 5K, way out of my range.)

Geddy now has a signature bass, from Fender. It's a made in Japan Jazz bass, retailing for around a grand. Nice neck, but really noisey pick ups.

all this talk about music stuff and some pretty high end gear reminds me of a few years back in TO, I worked fixing up thier debit/credit card system at Long & Mcquade(not sure spelling) bfore they had a huge sale the next day, I winded up buying my Les Paul there because they gave me the sale price it was going to be the next day. On the wall they had this real beauty..sunburst LP Custom...all gold hardware and whammy bar, wicked pearl inlay on the fret board of all these vines and flowers....out of curiousity I asked the sales guy how much......answer was $18 thousand bucks :o:huh: , it was nice, but I don't know if it was the price of a car nice :lol:

your right there Headhunter ebay really messed up the pawn shop finds etc. But and a BIG but ,Musicians being what they are ,are prone to how do you say break downs so to speak and I just picked up a real clean 62 sg for not alot , mised out on 2 nice less pauls at the same sale from a famous guitar player that has fell onto hard times , allso got some good stuff from ex wifes who just want the cash not half of hubbies guitars . If your in the loop and people know you buy you can still get some good deals , I get offered stuff all the time . And the new stuff comeing out is real nice if you know what ya want .

My office is a few blocks from the Church street pawn shops and I'm in there atleast once a week... I have yet to find a "deal" in any of them! I see some good equipment, but they have virtually priced the stuff out of it's real current market value!

I have my eye on a bass, but they want a grand for it and in reality, it's really only worth about $500.00. They are prepared to let it hang there for as long as it takes! So, it won't be coming home with me!

HH

Ps... does this mean your not going to sell me that Ricky at a OFC reduced rate?????? :wallbash:

Edited by Headhunter

I know the store , have not bought anything there in years , was a time when you could get some good things in the 70"s , but since richmond closed that street is dead . Used to spend my lunches at songbird , got some great deals there and the regulars got to be in the know before the bankrupt sale and I got a plexi and some four twelve cabinets and a bunch of peddles for less that half price the week before they closed . Took the plexi to capsule down the street the same day and traded for a firebird I had my eye on for awile , I allways wanted a firebird ,I had a epiphone reissue ,red with three pickups I use for my u2 covers but never had a gibson . The sunburst firebird looks great along side my 2 explorers and the koi v and I can play all my hot johney winter licks on it . Now its steves or for a little longer walk capsule , capsule has good stuff and if ya got the cash you can get a fair deal still .