Saturday's Adventure into LSPP

anders

Like i posted last week i was adventuring out into Lake Superior Park for some lakers and hopefully some speck action. The trip was looking like there was going to be just 2 of us going in, but at the last minute 2 more guys hoped on bored...and thank goodness they did. With all the snow we have been getting here lately the snow shoeing just wasnt fun. A trip that usuallly take 1.5 hrs, took us 3.5 hours :wallbash::wallbash: The walk just wasnt pleasant going in, but the way out, it was awsome!

When we finally got to the lake we were encountered with a lake full of airholes, and slush! It definitly made the crossing of the lake somewhat nerve wracking. However under the 2 feet of snow, 1 foot of slush was a solid 24 inches of ice, which was nice to see, as opeing weekened there was only about 8-10 in.

Anyways...the fishing! When we got to the lake is was consisten action till 230 when the four of us iced our laker limit, with a couple of releases in the mix. All lakers came in under 10 ft of ice, on white tube jigs and big jigging spoons. I didnt take any pictures due to the large amount of slush and i didnt feel like high stepping to take a pic. Sorry guys. So at 230 we decided to leave the lake wiht the lakers and try a speck pond on our way out for a half hour or so. Two guys left ahead while me and the other took our time. We were actually contemplating just walking back and taking the dogs with us, as they were acting up, and letting the other two guys fish for specks and they would jsut meet us at the truck. Well by the time we got to the other lake we decided that we all would stay...and a good thing it was. One guy drills a hole in about 2 ft of water, and i drill mine in about the same. after about five minutes there is some hootin and hollerin going on. I look over and this is what came out! We were jacked and ready to go.

DSC00245.jpg

However not to be out done i still continued to jig. So much so that my dog wants to come over and help me! <_< He has this thing with putting is hole head in the hole and making noise. If i was in 20 ft of water not a problem, but in 2....not a fan! however it seemed to help, and almost the second he pulled his head out of the hole, i felt a tug on my line and with a quick jerk out flies another speck.

DSC00248.jpg

And with that, I was done for the day :thumbsup_anim: !! We all packed up and made the 5k trek back through the woods. What a great day with great company.

Heres a shot of one of the breaks we took.

DSC00253.jpg

DSC00254.jpg

And here was dinner! Gave one to my Grandmother, one to my inlaws and kept a speck and laker for me! Dinner tonight!

DSC00257.jpg

Till Next Time,

Anders