bbp simcoe feb 1, 09

drwxr

went to bbp marina, arrived at 6.15am to find out there was only one spot left. backed my car into a bank of snow and off on the lake into the dark. kind of slow day , lots of people moving around and looking for fish.

started at 90' then moved to 103'. didnt get a single bite and started wondering maybe im doing something wrong however people around had same results.

around 11am lost my patience and said to myself another 15 min and im off to hunt some perches. guess what, i get a hit and pull out a nice whitie. my motivation is back!!! get another hit soon after but pulled the fish maybe 10ft up from bottom and lost it. another half hour and i get a 3 hit, this one felt stronger. after short fight laker pulled out of the hole.

DSC00787.jpg

ps dropped by gilford on my way home, and two guys i talked to said perch was very slow.

Edited by efka

very nice.I can vouch for getting discouraged fast when jigging for whities and lakers.....

Tell me about it....I drove 5hrs on Saturday for some Whities, and fished for 6 1/2 only to get a couple of hits and a workout walking through knee high snow along with 5" of slush :wallbash:

efka,

good on ya for stickin' it out!!....nice report and pics :thumbsup_anim:

Edited by TroutnMuskieHunter

Great report and pic efka :thumbsup_anim:

Tell me about it....I drove 5hrs on Saturday for some Whities, and fished for 6 1/2 only to get a couple of hits and a workout walking through knee high snow along with 5" of slush wallbash.gif

good on ya for stickin' it out!!....

We tried sticking it out a little longer but only managed to catch my PB.... 60" tree branch LOL

Great looking whitie and laker :clapping:

and thanks for sharing

Leechman

Edited by Leechman