!!!!!PLASTICS!!!!!

lunker07

Plastics  

94 members have voted

1. 1. What you do with your plastics after they've been on the hook?

• Throw them in a garbage on the boat.
    • Put them back in the bag for a later time.
    • Recycle them by melting them together to make new baits
    • Throw them in the lake and let the fish worry about it.

Thanks again OhioFisherman. I have not tried the Zoom SS+U tale worm before, but I will now. It has a very cool looking tail. I imagine you'd get alot of motion out of that. Now,would you cast that out far and retrieve it like a lure, let it sit a bit and retrieve it a little and drop it again,swim it all the way back (if so what retieve speed?) or simply drop it and use a jigging motion (tube style)?

Kennyman, that is part of it, trying to determine how aggressive the fish are on any particular day. I fish slow until I make contact with the fish, my boat is usually the slowest in the tournies I fished, and most of the spots had been hit before I got there. Everyone else is run and gun, me just poke along so a different approach.

What is around you is important, so is what others are doing at times, pulled on spots other guys had already fished using search baits, eg. cranks, spinnerbaits, buzzbaits and not had any luck and we have caught some good fish, they just weren`t real aggressive.

Swimming the worms and lizards can be a timing thing, you want the bait to just tick the tops or swim thru submerged weeds, if the weeds are too thick there are better ways to go about it. I fish the worms and lizard with a 1/8 ounce weight a lot, you have to keep it pretty slow to keep it down and in contact.

Don`t get locked into one speed until you are sure it is working well for you though, and the speed of the feed can vary thru the day. Confidence in what your doing comes with time on the water and seeing what has worked in the past, being alert to what the fish are doing and trying to adapt.

Getting out with different people and seeing how they approach a day on the water helps, a lot of different ways to fish the water. Nite time can be a blast.

• 7 months later...

im picky about plastics they have to be fresh.if i use a senko or beaver on trip even if it doesnt get tore up i always start with a new one they usually end up in the bottom of the boat ill toss them out at the launch sometimes it will slip my mind and they get tossed in the lake.

if they look like they are still fishable, back into the bag they go. If not into the garbage. However, this past fishing trip, for the first time I rigged up a drop shot rig. To me its one of those rigs I don't like setting up, and as such don't like to remove because I know its a good rig, and I won't be too quick to set up again unless nothing else is working. So last trip I was trying to figure out a way to keep it on my line, the problem was how to cover up the hook so no-one gets hurt or so it doesn't damage anything. I decided to use a beat up grub to cover the hook, works like a charm.