A new era!!!

TJQ

I don't know how I missed this, but I read about it in the Editors Page.. I asked OOD to get me the press release!!

Start the presses!

Ontario OUT OF DOORS publishes February issue with O.F.A.H.

Ontario OUT OF DOORS (O.O.D.), the province's leading outdoors magazine has launched the first issue under its proud new owner, the Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters (O.F.A.H.). Purchased from Rogers Publishing Limited in December 2008, O.O.D. has a long and respected tradition of providing the outdoors community in Ontario with the best news and articles on issues related to hunting, fishing and the outdoors. The first O.F.A.H.-published edition of O.O.D. will reach O.F.A.H. members, subscribers and supporters this week, and will hit the newsstands in early February.

"We're delighted to launch the first issue of Ontario OUT OF DOORS magazine under the O.F.A.H. banner," said O.F.A.H. Executive Director Mike Reader. "O.O.D. offers readers, subscribers and O.F.A.H. members across the province the best in outdoors journalism, and celebrates the rich heritage of our hunting and fishing traditions. The reputation and strength of the O.O.D. brand will increase our ability to communicate with our members, subscribers and the general readership about the importance of conservation, and the key role anglers and hunters play in the management of our natural resources."

O.O.D. is published ten times a year, including the popular Fishing Annual, which appears in the spring, and the Hunting Annual, which appears in the fall. Readers will find the magazine is sticking with its winning formula, under the editorial control of Editor-in-Chief John Kerr, Associate Editor Ray Blades and Art Director Tamas Pal, along with a familiar team of editors, contributing writers, photographers and illustrators who have helped make the magazine a success in the past.

"O.O.D. will continue to provide the best fishing and hunting coverage and commentary on issues of the day affecting the outdoors community, using a new design format introduced last year that received overwhelming support from O.O.D. readership," said John Kerr. "We are passionate about our hunting and fishing heritage and the conservation of our valuable natural resources, and our readers will see that reflected in the magazine."

With over 100,000 members, subscribers and supporters, and 655 member clubs, the O.F.A.H. is the largest nonprofit, charitable, fishing, hunting and conservation based organization in Ontario, and the voice of anglers and hunters. For more information, visit www.ofah.org, www.huntontario.com or www.fishontario.com.