Niagara perchin

bigugli

Seeing as I had to cut and split wood the past few days, I had to wait til this morning to finally get out on the ice. A nice day to be out with no crowds. Mind I don't think anyone would come too close to us old grumps.

Old Harry had to have a rest from all the action today.

DSCN2302.jpg

Bill had to move away from the rest of us, something to do with some kind of dead skunk on the ice. :whistling:

DSCN2303.jpg

Despite hopes for some heavy action, we had to work for our fish. Perch just sucked on the baits. Smelts teased us all day, and there were a couple of pike biteoffs.

We still caught a number of dinks and even managed a few table worthy specimens.

DSCN2305.jpg

This was the largest.

DSCN2307.jpg

Most important part of the day was time spent with friends ( regardless of the numerous times I was accused of scaring everybody elses fish away :dunno:)

Good to see the ol grumps getting out. :thumbsup_anim: I was talking to Bill last night about getting out to Welland maybe later this week to try for some toothy critters. There's always a pile of smelt to catch if we don't get the toothies and maybe Jack can show us how he does land his Pike with no leaders as we've seen him do before. :rolleyes:

:Gonefishing: