A good Captain

Pigeontroller

Just picked this off MSNBC...This guys a class act and a great Pilot!

Sullenberger, a former fighter pilot, was the last off the plane, which become submerged as it floated past midtown Manhattan. Passengers said he matter-of-factly replied "You're welcome" to grateful passengers who thanked him for bringing the plane down safely. Only minor injuries were reported after the crash, which investigators believe was caused when a flock of geese collided with both engines, disabling them

That was truly amazing, the whole story, they say its nearly impossible to successfully land a plane on water without it brweaking up.....which gets me wondering...why then is 60% or so of most safety/evacuation leaflets in your seat pockets on planes taken up with what to do when you 'land ' on water...general concensus is your toast!

Guest steel'n'esox

The reports also said the pilot had experience in glider flying which no doubt helped in his experience to land that plane(glider) full of passengers safely. I hope hes the pilot on any plane Im flying on

perodimi is a member of this board and is part of the flight crew on one of those HUGE Air Canada 4 engine planes. Pretty sure he's a 2nd officer, but whatever, the skills of those guys to fly those monstrous planes has always amazed me, and to see how the crew landed that plane in New York with very few injuries was absolutely outstanding.

I think that crew exemplified what skill and experience is all about and they deserve all the accolades that are coming their way !!