Port Darlington Fish Pen Project !!!

fishindevil

Well everyone is welcome to hear all the details about the salmon pen project at port darlington,at bobby C's lounge & restauraunt/grill at 2:30pm sunday january 18th !!! port D has been lucky enough to pen rear chinook salmon,and the MNR,and biologists,and lots of people will be there,the purpose is to pen rear stocked salmon for imprinting,in pens,as they have lots of them on the go all over lake ontario,and from what i was told it will be all volenteer oriented,and there will be lots to learn,its said that if fish are to be imprinted for up to 8 weeks,their return rate is alot better,and the fish seem to come right back,its a bonus to the fisheries,and for all involved as the fishing will only get better,so hope to see some fellow OFC"ers there !!!! and there will be several fishing clubs present as well,so come on out and learn all about the clubs and of course the mighty chinook salmon !!! cheers shawn :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

I am happy to hear that the wheels are turning for this project in Darlington...

we're excited about Dalhousie's own pens coming soon

That's awesome, I already offered a long time ago while it was still in the 'thinking stage" to lend a hand on the Port Dalhousie Pen project..it's great news for that area. I look forward to talking to a few of the people involved in the project at the St Catherine's G&F when I go down toward the end of the month. I am going to be the guest speaker that day to talk about my involvement the last couple years with the MNR in a walleye tagging/relocating/rearing/stocking project I am involved with. I am hoping to learn more about the pen project and also looking forward to just connecting a bit more with another local club so that perhaps down the road we may be able to work together on projects, perhaps start a new one, and really just raise some more awareness to some who may not know just what sort of programs the clubs are into, and perhaps just promote a bit more that all the areas conservation-game& fish clubs should network with eachother when volunteers are needed and such.

great going. must be some great news for you guys in the Darlington area :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

How did this meeting go? Do they need volunteers? If someone knows who to contact about volunteering, please let us know here!

I would have been there for sure........if I wasn't working!!! Damn work thing keeps getting in the way!!!!!

Sinker