SALMO BAITS CAME THROUGH!!!

musky_man

HI,

An update as promised -- Krzysztof from Salmo baits in Poland emailed me directly and not only sent me replacement lures, but some extra goodies as well.

Just wanted you all to know this had a positive ending.

In consideration for Krzysztof's response, I'll be making a small donation to the Canadian Cancer Society -- everybody wins!

KUDOS TO SALMO!!!!!!

Mark

Edited by musky_man

Thanks for the update Mark and it's nice to hear they looked after you like that. I thought it was a class act when they responded to you directly thru this board too. I like the looks of those larger Salmos for muskies and have thought about giving them a try, but haven't seen them in any of the local shops, did you get them around here ??

I had a similar experience with Drifter Tackle a couple years back when a musky broke a 10" Jointed Believer in half. I contacted the company and sent a picture of the lure, and not only did they replace the damaged bait within a couple days, they also threw in a 10" Stalker to go along with it.......another class act.

Some companies still value their customers !!

HI Lew,

Yeah - they came through with class. Just had to get to the right person -- that was the biggest challenge.

I have had some very decent hits from musky on these baits (one in particular just drilled it when my brother was using it ... took off the dive lip and straffed the side) and have caught a few too. I buy the "whitefish" model .. comes in many patters. I have found what they call the "Roach" pattern to be the best. They are reasonably priced too.

I've bought them in different places. I bought one at the place that specializes in Fly Tying Material north of Finch on kennedy (east side) - Angling Specialties. Bought the other at a place up near where I musky fish.

Good to hear from you and hope you are doing well ... I can, if I choose, retire in 10 months ... we'll see.

Hope tp upgrade my boat in the next 12-24 months to the "retirement package" :)

Cheers,

Mark

Edited by musky_man

Sorry Mark, we were both posting at the same time. I'll take a drive up Kennedy and see what they've got in stock.

Be good to see you retire this year too Mark, best thing there is to improve the fishing trips :Gonefishing: