Recommendation for a quad mechanic?

cityfisher

Hi all,

My quad has been acting up lately and want to get it tuned up so I can get out a couple times for some hardwater action.

Can anyone recommend a good mechanic that works on Arctic Cat Atvs in the GTA?

or if anyone has any experience with these quads ( carb issue ) can shed any light that would be great. Im tempted taking it apart myself but rather do it with someone with some experience ( Beer and Pizza to any takers ! : )) or just pass it over to a mechanic.

++++++

Issue

++++++

quad has been in storage for the last 2 months(put in sea foam before storage as a stablizer ) started up the quad today and it is acting VERY weird... throttle is very inconsistant... it seems to be choking...hesistating... i attempted to drive down the street and it strugged doing just that.

*** My choke cable broke a while back and its been a pain to get her started, ussually if I just TUG on the choke cable is chokes it enough to start.

i have attached a video of me starting the quad and hiting the throttle

http://www.flickr.com/gp/10557032@N05/4vZanV

Edited by cityfisher

stored outdoors under a tarp, loss of power just started a couple days when I tried to get her going.

Choke cable broke 6 months ago and have been either covering up the snorkel to get her started or now ( doesnt work when its this cold ) I pull on the choke cable and it starts up. It just has no power... struggles under throttle

sounds like its choking on water ? after plowing through a field in 2 feet of powder mine did that for about 100 yards going up the road and would only move at about 5 mph. Then it finaly cleared itself and runs fine. I figured i got snow in the air intake. try putting some gas line antifreeze in it and let it run for a while . worth a shot .

I was gonna mention gas line anti-freeze as well....sounds like you've got some water in your gas....

Thats the first thing I did, put in a bottle.. let it sit and still no luck... then I put in some Card Cleaner in the Carb Throats( its a v2 ) and in the gas...Other than filling my street with Smoke that didnt help either.

Sounds like it's choking on all the crap that seafoam stirred up !

Those ABS pipes.. are they on the bike... or is that the intake/exhaust for a high efficiency gas furnace?? Moisture soaked fuel and ignition module from it's exhaust by chance?

Edited by irishfield

You have the same bike i do. you are running it with half choke. Exactly the same way my bike was running last year when the choke broke. The V2 have a know issue with the cable seizing where it forks into the two carbs, hense the reason the choke cable or plastic lever breaks. I had to spray lube into the cable and move it until it freed up. (took some time to free it) or purchase a new cable and the new plastic lever. All AC dealers stoke these as they know they all break after a few years. Free the cable and your bike will run fine.

If you need some good directions go to www.arcticchat.com tons of guys with the same issue.

Goodluck!

You have the same bike i do. you are running it with half choke. Exactly the same way my bike was running last year when the choke broke. The V2 have a know issue with the cable seizing where it forks into the two carbs, hense the reason the choke cable or plastic lever breaks. I had to spray lube into the cable and move it until it freed up. (took some time to free it) or purchase a new cable and the new plastic lever. All AC dealers stoke these as they know they all break after a few years. Free the cable and your bike will run fine.

If you need some good directions go to www.arcticchat.com tons of guys with the same issue.

Goodluck!

Thanks ! Im going to order a new cable get started !