Virginia Beach today.

Beats

Hit Virginia Beach today with 2 friends and had a very poor day of fishing. There seemed to be 2 main groups of huts out there and we fished by both groups and points all over the place as well. Probably moved 4-5 times in 7 hrs and fished 8-12 ft of water. Didn't see much point in continuing to move since there was no sign of ppl catching much at any location. Dead quiet out there. Was seeing fish on the flasher at every hole but just couldn't get them to commit to the bite. Tried powerbait maggots, minnows, jigs/minnows, spoons, basically everything we had and in the end I managed 8 tiny perch in about 7 hours. Almost all coming from a pickerel rig. No matter where we moved to the fish caught were all about 7-8" long and too small to be kept. Seemed like the bite was just off today. A few ppl stopped and asked us how we were doing or yelled out from their huts and everyone said the same thing, that the fish being caught were all tiny and very, very scarce. Good day weather wise, still fun to be out. But 3 ppl and not a single keeper was disappointing to say the least. Got a license check from a CO just before leaving. Perhaps the highlight of the day B)

sorry for your slow day ,, good to be out on such a nice day though. no wind really ,, i can't stand the wind .

surprised to hear of the licence check, i don't mind that at all,, like to see it more myself.

it's early , don't get discouraged . they'll find you . lol

No, we had 2 scoops of minnows out there and only used like 1/3 or 1/2 of them since the fish weren't taking them off the hooks for us. I talked to a few more ppl who were out there on Sunday and they also experienced a very slow day.