temagami ice

centerpin_drift

hit the ice today in temagami for the first time this year, and of course it never dissapoints despite the tough fishing. We had big plans to hit the back lakes but it was questionable whether the sleds would make the day long journey, sooo we decided to stay on the lake and hit some of my favorite hot spots of lakers and whiteys. After fishing several spots around the lake, and several fish missed and the sun going down, we settled upon my favorite fishing spot in the entire world. Befor williams hit the bottom I hooked into a nice laker. As i iced that fish, my buddys rod went off with the first walleye of the season. Long story short we did alright, between three of us we hit 15 eyes and a laker in half hour, biggest being 19.5 inches, nothing to large, just some nice fighters. The bite is always fast and furious up the north arm, and the ice is conciderably thinner, 6 inches of ice and only 3 inches of good ice compared to the 16 to 18 inches of good ice in the central hub.

anyways we just fished ling in the dark and didn't catch anything and we are hitting the lake again in the morning for a full day at the honey hole.

065.JPG

056.JPG

great pics and report on the eyes, i notice the air sac blown on both of those 2 imagine there comin out of 40+ feet comin out of temagami!

have pulled them form 60 near bear island fishing lakeers in the past!

It's not uncommon to pull an eye out of Temagami with the air bladder stickin' out of it's throat.....specially when you're targeting Lakers..here's one that came up from 56 FOW...

Steve.jpg

Edited by TroutnMuskieHunter

we wernt targeting lakers, but in temagami they run side by side with walleye. We were pulling them out of 45-50 fow, and almost every eye spit their air bladder, even when we took extreme care to reel up slowly to prevent this from happening. A few fish were fizzed and put back in the hole, hopefully to live another day, but its something that cant be avoided when fishing walleye in deep water.

mike

LOL Terry.. don't worry, I can even find the holes! lol

We don't need to go way around to there... but we may be goin by it anyways to a speck lake.

Great stuff Mike... good to see the pickeral active. Too bad from that depth though, as that's where the slot size restrictions get really questionable. We always fish them shallow... but always come up empty toooooo lol

Edited by irishfield

we wernt targeting lakers, but in temagami they run side by side with walleye. We were pulling them out of 45-50 fow, and almost every eye spit their air bladder, even when we took extreme care to reel up slowly to prevent this from happening. A few fish were fizzed and put back in the hole, hopefully to live another day, but its something that cant be avoided when fishing walleye in deep water.

mike

OK, thanks for the clarification.