Still boggels my mind

mbac31

I only see one person "squawking", and it's not smalliefisher. If you see this post every year, and it irritates you every year, then why not stop reading it and keeping it alive by constantly responding to it?

Good on ya smalliefisher for bringing it to folks attention. You'll notice that it's almost always bait containers, rarely lure packages.....hmmmm something about live-bait fisherman ;)

Speaking of Trash, one of my Jobs as the Village Foreman is to keep the Village Resort clean. Yea I pick up trash. Its totally unbelievable. There is absolutely no respect for the Environment, Local citizens and in this case other fisherman. One day Ill spend a few hours picking up trash and the next Day I cant believe the Garbage people left behind the last evening. Mostly McDonald's Crap, Timmies, Bottles, cans, etc. I told the Mayor, my Boss, that I refuse to pick up the Garbage around the Hotel ( Local Drinking establishment) because I absolutely think its degrading for me to pick it up when dozens of patrons and employees sit there smoking and joking instead of picking it up. I found that its mostly the out of towners that are the worst culprits. Its a small town here and word gets around fast and I believe most villagers here respect their own town. One good point though, I was busy working on a culvert when I heard a commotion behind me, an older fella giving a teenager heck for tossing crap on the ground. I watched the kid pick it up, waited till the Snr take off then he dumped on the ground again like a smartass with a big smile on his puss.. The Army came out of me when I embarrassed him in front of his girlfriend. My point is, its everybody's responsibility to clean your campsites, towns, etc. Don'T just rely on the guy getting paid, because its never ending and its a poor attitude ( yea, someone else will do it!). I found this type thread more interesting when it came out last year with the originator showing pictures of trash that he obviously picked up around his favorite fishing hole. He got congratulated as a do-er and not a whiner

I only see one person "squawking", and it's not smalliefisher. If you see this post every year, and it irritates you every year, then why not stop reading it and keeping it alive by constantly responding to it?...because I like the abuse!!!

Good on ya smalliefisher for bringing it to folks attention... uh... wouldn't it come to their attention when they stepped out on to the garbage dump y'all call "the ice"?

You'll notice that it's almost always bait containers, rarely lure packages.....hmmmm something about live-bait fisherman ;)... I'd have figured it would've been Timmies cups and Pepperettes wrappers... the stuff true :canadian: eat and drink

crabbs Posted Today, 06:41 AM

cigarette butts like how long are we gonna put up with that, on the ice, streets where ever ...look after YOUR garbage... dirty slobs

oops!... did I just accidently burn you with my cigarette?... sorry!

holdfast Posted Today, 07:05 AM

Speaking of Trash, one of my Jobs as the Village Foreman is to keep the Village Resort clean. Yea I pick up trash. Its totally unbelievable. There is absolutely no respect for the Environment, Local citizens and in this case other fisherman. One day Ill spend a few hours picking up trash and the next Day I cant believe the Garbage people left behind the last evening. Mostly McDonald's Crap, Timmies, Bottles, cans, etc. I told the Mayor, my Boss, that I refuse to pick up the Garbage around the Hotel ( Local Drinking establishment) because I absolutely think its degrading for me to pick it up when dozens of patrons and employees sit there smoking and joking instead of picking it up. I found that its mostly the out of towners that are the worst culprits. Its a small town here and word gets around fast and I believe most villagers here respect their own town. One good point though, I was busy working on a culvert when I heard a commotion behind me, an older fella giving a teenager heck for tossing crap on the ground. I watched the kid pick it up, waited till the Snr take off then he dumped on the ground again like a smartass with a big smile on his puss.. The Army came out of me when I embarrassed him in front of his girlfriend. My point is, its everybody's responsibility to clean your campsites, towns, etc. Don'T just rely on the guy getting paid, because its never ending and its a poor attitude ( yea, someone else will do it!). I found this type thread more interesting when it came out last year with the originator showing pictures of trash that he obviously picked up around his favorite fishing hole. He got congratulated as a do-er and not a whiner

You're absolutely right Holdie!

Edited by GCD