Wildwood Sat. ? (Updated)

Woodsman

Presuming safe ice is anyone up to meeting up at Wildwood on Sat. :dunno::worthy: :worthy:

On my way home from work tomorow I will stop at the lake and spud a few holes to check out for safe ice. With this cold weather I suspect it should be good for Sat. Also a good chance to try out my new spud I just finished making(brother-inlaw did the welding) a couple of hours ago.

Off the ice by about 2 pm to get ready for the London Swill. :D:D

Best Wishes: Rick

Ps: Will post results of the ice check on this thread arround this time or a little earlier tomorow.

Edited by Woodsman

Hey Woodsman, I know where your avatar photo was taken, thats one of my favorite spots!

jjcanoe

Hey jjcanoe, I know where your avitar photo was taken,thats one of my favourite spots!

:w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t:

Can't make it fishin Woodsman but I'll be at the G2G saturday night.Catch up with ya there !!!

Went out & spuded about a half dozen holes. Not great news. :angry:

Close to shore started at 3 1/2"-4". By the time I got to about 60' from shore it was down to 3". This was along the western shore not far from the highway & would still be in fairly shallow water (6-8'). The ice did fell solid & did not sag.

This area usually has some of the thicker ice. The area's most people fish usually tend to have a little less ice. I'm sure there are some spots that are only 1 1/2"-2" out there & highly recommend to wait a while yet before going out.

Be Safe: Rick