Fly vise suggestions?

SlowPoke

I'm looking for a rotary vise under $100 for dressing trebles. In the future I might want to tie flies but for now I'm more concerned about stuffing big (5/0, 6/0) trebles in the jaws.

Any suggestions? New or used is fine.

-Brian

Brian Princess Auto clamp on bench vice its big enough but small enough that it will hold the trebles GREAT that is what I use and for the stuff you are doing it will work great I think its only $14-$25.

I think they also have other stuff ya need just dont stay to long and you will be fine :whistling:

Brian Princess Auto clamp on bench vice its big enough but small enough that it will hold the trebles GREAT that is what I use and for the stuff you are doing it will work great I think its only $14-$25.

I think they also have other stuff ya need just dont stay to long and you will be fine :whistling:

Don't send Brian into Princess Auto, he won't leave until spring!

jjcanoe

So far the Danvise is the leading candidate.

I looked at an Integra Royale today and it was nice but not a true rotary.

Because I'm new at this, I'd like something that won't frustrate me to no end and turn me off tying.

Slowpoke,

Let me know if your interested and I'll let you try my vise. It's a Zephyr EZ-Rotary. Retails for $49.99 from a local shop, if they still carry it. The Danvise is actually about $130.00 in Canada. We can meet up for a coffee or a wobbly pop and I'll bring the vice and some tying materials for you to test drive it.

Edited by Dnthmn

Slowpoke,

Let me know if your interested and I'll let you try my vise. It's a Zephyr EZ-Rotary. Retails for $49.99 from a local shop, if they still carry it. The Danvise is actually about $130.00 in Canada. We can meet up for a coffee or a wobbly pop and I'll bring the vice and some tying materials for you to test drive it.

Thanks for the offer!

I just ordered a Danvise from Cabela's. I'm not sure I would have if I saw the Zephyr first - that's a nice setup! Perhaps I should have done more homework but I'll keep the Zephyr in mind for my next one LOL. It seems everyone has some backups!

-Brian

Enjoy the Danvise. It is actually a better vise than the zephyr. I have hear it get a few bad review but they were all from people who did not understand how to adjust the jaws properly.

Here is a video that should help you get the most from yours. I hope it proves useful.

http://www.hatches.tv/play.php?vid=339