BASS TALK 2007 UPDATE!

David Chong

2007 is just flying along! We've already had the Toronto Boat Show, we'll be bass fishing in no time!

We would like to announce the following additions:

Backwater Tackle as the retail sponsor for the Huntsville event at Ward Edmonds!

Baitcasters as the retail sponsor for the Lake & Trail event in Perth!

Fishing World as the retail sponsor for the Humminbird event in Hamilton!

Reminder that the Bass Pro Shops event is coming up quick so get your registrations in ASAP!

Thanks,

Dave & Doug

Sounds like a cash grab to me.

Only $75.00 for an entire day’s session or in the case of the Bass Pro Shop sessions only $120.00 for the weekend.

With all of the web sites, fishing shows, message boards, I don't see much value in this show.

For $75-120 I can buy a nice reel or rod or both.

Bassman,

You are definitely entitled to your opinion and can do what you wish with your money! From all the responses and feedback that we received last year, the majority of attendees definitely felt that it was worth their while and that they got their money's worth! :thumbsup_anim:

The speakers here are amongst the elite bass tournament anglers in Canada and are more than willing to share their experiences and ideas with all the attendees. I've been fishing my entire life and strongly believe that you never stop learning in this sport. I have myself paid for and attended 5 different BassMasters University sessions(similar US based events). Even though I'm speaking at some of these sessions I'm also anxious to hear the other presenters as well! Other than fishing what better way to spend a winter's day/weekend than learning and talking bass fishing!

As for a cash grab, there are many expenses that go into these functions, hall & equipment rentals, food, speaker fees and so on... Last year we also raised over $3000.00 for Dave Mercer's "Casting For A Cure" (Canadain Cancer Society) and plan to do even more this year. We've also added the Big Brothers Big Sisters Take a Kid Fishing Day to the causes that we support.

Did I mention that coffee, donuts and lunch are included in your registration! :D

BTW if you're going to spend your money on equipment make it a Daiwa! ;)

Cheers,

Dave

Kinda taken back by that comment Bassman. :w00t::w00t:

Luckly and fortunatly,I have had the chance and thrill to fish with some of these guys that are going to be speaking,David being one of them,Simon Frost,Charle Nahm.One fella Im really looking forward to hearing from is Les Zackney. I was able to scruttineer with him twice and man that guy is a spinner bait thrower. Im hopeing to be able to pick his brain on some spinner tactics,colours and times to use. 8 hours on the water you can learn from these guys,but most of the time I was to busy concentrating on catching.

Being able to sit and listen and able to take the whole thing in to me is well worth the 75 bucks.

Cash grab,sorry,thats not even close.

Sure hope lunch,s are big David. I get hungry listening. :thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim:

Thanks again.

Diawa :dunno::dunno::dunno::dunno: They still out there :Gonefishing::Gonefishing:

Hi guys -new to the site, just want to say -last year I attended the Hamilton talk and really enjoyed it , those I talked to afterwards found it really informative as well , for the price of a couple of cases of beer, this is money well spent , and it's a great day with fellow Canadian anglers also! hope to see you guys there. Mark

Don't get me wrong, I could listen to fishing talk all day, but I'd rather pay $10-15 dollars to go to the fishing or sportsman show and listen to the seminars all day for free, or watch WFN all day.

Anyways, I'm probably just bitter and jealous because you guys make a living doing what you love, while the rest of us "joes" dream about it.

I hope your show is a success and you raise lots of dough for charity. Let me know if you need any volunteers.