Hard Water Report - Outaouais

Leecher

:thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim:

AWESOME Jaques and paul....great report....feels great to ice the first one eh?

Ok...i'm still pmsl at the cut thumb... :stretcher: but i have been chewed by one myself...and it aint that funny....lol...but i still chuckled

great to see you captured a UFO in the first pic too (top left corner).

cant wait for some more reports from you guys...

Simon

Thanks Simon :thumbsup_anim: Simply feels awesome to walk on to the ice and be able to fish..... next time will be spending more time at it and the thumb thingy.... just don't know what he was thinking :lol:

The UFO on the pic was remote control planes that a couple of guys were playing with when we arrived B)

Thanks again Simon... will keep on posting as the season progress :canadian:

Jacques

REAL MEN LIP PIKE! Don't let anyone tell you other wise. LoL I've done it before, and I'll do it again. Sometimes they will even let you get away with it.

Good to see people getting out on teh hard water.

-Dave

REAL MEN LIP PIKE! Don't let anyone tell you other wise. LoL I've done it before, and I'll do it again. Sometimes they will even let you get away with it.

Good to see people getting out on teh hard water.

-Dave

Thanks Dave :thumbsup_anim: everything was fine up until the pike did a head shake :lol:

Great report Jaques good to see the hard water reports

maybe you can make it up to the BOQ this year for some

eyes

Rob

Thanks Rob :thumbsup_anim: BOQ would be nice..... will just have to see :thumbsup_anim::canadian:

jacques ,, i'm trying to stay focused on fillin' my bow tag!! don't distract me with ice fishing fantasies.

i'm green with envie in my winter camo. damn season over-lap.

thanks for the tease,, great to see you got out on the hard stuff ,,,and iced a few .

Well then.... hurry up and get that tag filled :whistling::lol:

Thanks waterwolf :canadian:

How's the season going so far? any deer activity around your hunting area?

Have you seen any good ones?

Jacques

it's gettin' harder to get out with xmas gettin' closer ,,and the weather's hard to work\ predict. seen some huge bucks ,,just can't hunt at the airport . lol . i've given up on antlers and will definitely settle for a nice doe, again. one in the freezer already but have an additional tag for either to fill. hard to pattern deer right now , crops comin'off the fields ,wintering habits starting ,, oh , i have a whole bag of excuses.lol. this saturday is booked for huntin' ,, hell or high water .. give me a gentle but steady wind outta the north and i've got a chance.

then the ice gear comes out .

it's gettin' harder to get out with xmas gettin' closer ,,and the weather's hard to work\ predict. seen some huge bucks ,,just can't hunt at the airport . lol . i've given up on antlers and will definitely settle for a nice doe, again. one in the freezer already but have an additional tag for either to fill. hard to pattern deer right now , crops comin'off the fields ,wintering habits starting ,, oh , i have a whole bag of excuses.lol. this saturday is booked for huntin' ,, hell or high water .. give me a gentle but steady wind outta the north and i've got a chance.

then the ice gear comes out .

Sometimes you just can't pick and choose and go with your gut feeling..... this late in the season, deer are migrating to their winter grounds and makes for a more challenging hunt :canadian:

Good luck to ya this Saturday, will be keeping an eye out for your report :thumbsup_anim:

i woulda had ta been on th ice i suppose, -29 is my limit -30 not gonna do it but 29 its all a go if the truck and ski-doo start!

At -30C I don't go out unless I have some sort of shelter.... usually will go to an outfitter for that cause I don't own one. We always go out in the open and the only luxury we have is an ice bucket to sit on :lol:

Jacques..

Kevin and I went back Sunday afternoon for a couple of hours , the perch were still very active.

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk227/b...c15thBay001.jpg

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk227/b...c15thBay005.jpg

Oh ya,, on the way over to the bay we meet up with a pair of strange looking Dudes

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk227/b...c15thBay007.jpg

:P:P:dunno::dunno:

Paul, those are jumbo perch :w00t: too bad they have parasites on them. Look at yours, the tail holds a couple of yellowish ones :(

That pair would be good table fare for thanksgiving :thumbsup_anim: Great shot :clapping:

Will talk later about this upcoming weekend.... The ice should be thicker now that the snow melted and the temps dipped below zero to freeze it over again :canadian: