legal advice - contract question (nf)

nel

The item was bought, paid for and in the possession of the purchaser. Does this really need to be fought by you? They are trying to bully you.

DO NOT send a letter to the dealer stating you received the top! By doing so you are stating that you received the item. Leave it up to the dealer to take you to small claims court and prove you received the items, it will be one more hurdle for them to jump.

I know squat about liens, but, if they dealer does want to take you to court I think it is $100 and 6months time limit for them to do so. go to court and offer to give them the boat back :clapping: and see what they do!

As said previously it looks like someone looked over the paper work and thinks that a calculation mistake was made on the total when, in fact the bill has a cosmetic error only. This is done all the time on deals. The salesman makes the deal and puts prices even on the N/C items and subtracts them from the main purchase.

Do you really think the dealer is taking a loss on you? No way, they still profited and are coming back to you for more profit becuase someone thinks they did not make enough!

A better way they could have handled it is guilt you into doing all your future purchases there, it is better than idle threats.

forrest

Um, don't you think the dealer checked the paper work over when he paid in full? I am sure he also has a receipt that states the balance has been paid in full... :whistling:

Because they made a mathematical mistake, he should pay for it?

Learn how to add properly and this wouldn't have happened.

I'd tell the dealer to go pound sand.

clerical and typographical errors will not be upheld in a court. so i'm thinking this is not looking good iff the itemization of options appears exactly as you posted on the copy you both have, listing 1000 and 300. then totalling 300. you might lose becasue it looks like a clerical error. If it was included, it would list it as an option costing $0 or waived and included on the billing to show it was part of the transaction. It looks to me like you have nothing showing the 1000 item was to be included free of charge.

The item was bought, paid for and in the possession of the purchaser. Does this really need to be fought by you? They are trying to bully you.

DO NOT send a letter to the dealer stating you received the top! By doing so you are stating that you received the item. Leave it up to the dealer to take you to small claims court and prove you received the items, it will be one more hurdle for them to jump.

I know squat about liens, but, if they dealer does want to take you to court I think it is $100 and 6months time limit for them to do so. go to court and offer to give them the boat back :clapping: and see what they do!

As said previously it looks like someone looked over the paper work and thinks that a calculation mistake was made on the total when, in fact the bill has a cosmetic error only. This is done all the time on deals. The salesman makes the deal and puts prices even on the N/C items and subtracts them from the main purchase.

Do you really think the dealer is taking a loss on you? No way, they still profited and are coming back to you for more profit becuase someone thinks they did not make enough!

A better way they could have handled it is guilt you into doing all your future purchases there, it is better than idle threats.

forrest

And you all say I need to get out and fish. HAHAHAHAHA

Nel,best of luck to you. Hope you get what you should.

And you all say I need to get out and fish. HAHAHAHAHA

Nel,best of luck to you. Hope you get what you should.

Hey! Nothing wrong with giving some good advice. Just hate seeing someone get bullied thats all.

And yeah, I got cabin fever bad. :wallbash: Chained to the kid, ice fishing and steelhead are not for me and boating is out for me until warm and calm weather hits lake O.