Question for the gamers..

highdrifter

Hey gang,

Hosted a little shin-dig the other night and some of my guests were hardened fising maniacs... Figured what better way to keep them entertained than to add a little fishing in the party mix!!

Hit Gamerama and got a good price for a refurbished game so I bought it.. I then ran home cradling it in my arms, tongue drooping, eyes as big as toonies.. I thought sweet, time that will be well waisted.. :clapping:

Took it home and we finaly figured out the controls, several pilsners, shots of jd, ect., later.. Had to apply to straps-in rule in order to avoid abuzing our alcohol and to minimize damage to the place. <_<:whistling:

Game is pretty gnarly, and the theme song actually had us line dancing.. But there's one thing I can't seem to master.. That mag boost reel-in option!! While battling a fish, you get this prompt on your screen telling you to press A and +, while jerking your wiimote downwards or upwards, depending..

AND I CAN'T GET IT TO WORK!!!!

What am I doing wrong? Do I need to do it faster? Do the 2 buttons need to be pressed at the exact same time?!

Someone.... please.. I... I.. AAAHHHHHHH

Oh and what are your thoughts about the game too?! hehhee

Edited by Highdrifter

HD never played that game before and can't help you out on this but I have Sega Bass Fishing and truly enjoy it. Great game, challenging at times and lots of fun. Once you get used to fighting the fish.... close to the real thing B):canadian:

Yup.. FHR had the same copy.. It's a classic!! We used to get shtupid and play that game all the time!!

AAAHH Good times.

My son has that game and I've played it. I also had a problem reeling in and netting the fish.

What you have to do is once you are ready to net, depending on the size of the fish, a series of codes will come up on top eg: A D D B, or A B A, etc. You have to press the sequence of letters it shows you. It is easier to have a spotter shouting out the letter code the first few times, then you will relax and can do it yourself after. I think A + means A +....... other letters.

Hope this helps. Let me know if it works for you.

Joey

Edited by Joey

just stop fighting and focus on the letters and do it quick then get back to fighting the fish. i have found this to be the easiest game out there! and whats with the guy when he brings in the fish!?!?!? 20-20feet before the boat he grabs the line and ice fishes it in!!! i like the old rapala game better! it had bass, pike, musky, trout, etc etc a nd only 1 of 2 lures worked and there was only fish in certain areas and you had to work the bait in. this one u zing any old lure out and just reel it in at any speed anywhere and 90% of the fime you get a fish. this game is wayyy to childish no skill involved!

Press and Hold A when you get the prompt to do an action, then start to jerk the remote in the direction shown on the screen. When you get a direction correctly the chime will indicate to move on to the other directional actions.

I had trouble at first as well, but i found you have to make a deliberate flick. So if it shows "down" flick your wrist down from the neutral position, rather than swinging your whole arm. If you just wave it, more often than not it won't register. Once you figure out how to flick it, just complete the sequence. If you miss one, its ok, just keep doing it until you get it, then move to next. The four hit combos give you decent time to get thru the sequence.

My son has that game and I've played it. I also had a problem reeling in and netting the fish.

What you have to do is once you are ready to net, depending on the size of the fish, a series of codes will come up on top eg: A D D B, or A B A, etc. You have to press the sequence of letters it shows you. It is easier to have a spotter shouting out the letter code the first few times, then you will relax and can do it yourself after. I think A + means A +....... other letters.

Hope this helps. Let me know if it works for you.

Joey

Thanks Joey.. That outta dou it!

just stop fighting and focus on the letters and do it quick then get back to fighting the fish. i have found this to be the easiest game out there! and whats with the guy when he brings in the fish!?!?!? 20-20feet before the boat he grabs the line and ice fishes it in!!! i like the old rapala game better! it had bass, pike, musky, trout, etc etc a nd only 1 of 2 lures worked and there was only fish in certain areas and you had to work the bait in. this one u zing any old lure out and just reel it in at any speed anywhere and 90% of the fime you get a fish. this game is wayyy to childish no skill involved!

Yah the hand lining bit is totally hilarious! Must be a new landing technique I havn't heard about.

Apparently there's other fishing games for Wii. One of them is good and the other is bunk.. Is the old Rapala game for Wii also??

Thanx

Press and Hold A when you get the prompt to do an action, then start to jerk the remote in the direction shown on the screen. When you get a direction correctly the chime will indicate to move on to the other directional actions.

I had trouble at first as well, but i found you have to make a deliberate flick. So if it shows "down" flick your wrist down from the neutral position, rather than swinging your whole arm. If you just wave it, more often than not it won't register. Once you figure out how to flick it, just complete the sequence. If you miss one, its ok, just keep doing it until you get it, then move to next. The four hit combos give you decent time to get thru the sequence.

AAHH..HAH!!

Thought I actually had to press the plus sign also.. Everytime I'd get: "you failed, AARGGH, better luck next time".. It was driving me postal!!

thanks mang.

AAHH..HAH!!

Thought I actually had to press the plus sign also.. Everytime I'd get: "you failed, AARGGH, better luck next time".. It was driving me postal!!

thanks mang.

AAHH..HAH!!

thanks mang.

whoah triple post.. sry

Squared!

Ha!! Now were even!

-------------------------------------------------

See this is a life lesson.

The problem, seemed, really like a good one.

Press A and +, so you pressed A and the plus sign.

The solution was rather simple in the end.

Hope you have some fun with it.

If you have the time check out that game link I posted, it allows for more than one player as well.

Squared!

Ha!! Now were even!

-------------------------------------------------

See this is a life lesson.

The problem, seemed, really like a good one.

Press A and +, so you pressed A and the plus sign.

The solution was rather simple in the end.

Hope you have some fun with it.

If you have the time check out that game link I posted, it allows for more than one player as well.

OK ok Cuby.. You can have that one. :asshat::D

It's probably because I quoted 3 replies back to back. Server musta farted or somethin.