To cold for kayak?

purekgw

Its really rather simple...when in doubt ...dont go out.....only you know your skill level in the yak ..your tolerances to water are pretty much the same for everyone give or take a few minutes should you end up in the drink...are you willing to pay the price ?

foolishnss is in the eyes of the safer people ( ones that live long lives)...but in the eyes of a progressive adrenaline junkie that has succussfully conquered extreme adverse conditions its just another day at the office to share a story possibley with a fish in hand...( our hobby is expensive beyond belief when the price is a life)...(...condolences to his surviving friends and family should they be members of this forum ) Personally ...i choose to live but ill still be out on the water come spring derbys..in extreme adverse conditions with frigid water and 2-3 second intervals in 15 - 20 footers ...but i know my skill level ,tolerances, equipment and the price it may cost...its what we do...Evryone of us is an adrenaline junkie at some level...why else would stand in a river for 5- ??? hours for the rush of landing a fish....

Golfing is too boring unless its lightning out .....but i would never want to climb Mount Everest.....when my time comes....i can only hope that it is doing something i lived to do

BTW...i had a close call ice fishing in alberta 19 years ago ....and havent ice fished since....