Some Troubleing News For Our Fisheries

MarcusDiGiovanni

Hello, once again to all my fellow OFNers. I was down at erindale park in mid september for a day of fishing when somthing happened that I found very troubling. Two men had a bucket full of baby rainbow trout, no bigger than 2 inches long. This was right by the dame or concrete pillers, near the bridge, whatever they were they created still water which provided a place for these baby trout. A guy probably in his mid 30's was using corn and just jigging it up and down, they had bout 7 fish, all of which they planned to keep. My friend and I asked, what they planned to do with these fish, and he said "cook em up, I hear there good to eat". I was rather annoyed with the lack of respect they had for the fish. They are the future of the lake ontario fisheries and they dont even get a chance to grow. Anyways, Just thought I'd share my experiance with you all. :dunno::o:(

TighLines, Marcus

Next time call 1-877-TIPS-MNR (847-7667) and tell them they are shooting the trout with a big gun and there are children nearby that are crying because of it.

Maybe, just maybe a C.O. will show up then :lol:

Nothing we can do here now...

The thing to remember is the infractions you see, are merely a tiny percentage of what goes on across the province...most poachers don't like an audience.

I dont know how much time you spent fishing in the fall but when salmon start running you`ll see the ugliest things happen. snagging fish and ripping them up looking for eggs and just leaving them to rot on the shore, often you`ll see big males ripped up as well because some bozo thought it was a female its really discusting.

Keeping baby rainbows is just as bad and especially bucket of them, like mentioned above thats not the worst thing that happens daily

Hello, once again to all my fellow OFNers. I was down at erindale park in mid september for a day of fishing when somthing happened that I found very troubling. Two men had a bucket full of baby rainbow trout, no bigger than 2 inches long. This was right by the dame or concrete pillers, near the bridge, whatever they were they created still water which provided a place for these baby trout. A guy probably in his mid 30's was using corn and just jigging it up and down, they had bout 7 fish, all of which they planned to keep. My friend and I asked, what they planned to do with these fish, and he said "cook em up, I hear there good to eat". I was rather annoyed with the lack of respect they had for the fish. They are the future of the lake ontario fisheries and they dont even get a chance to grow. Anyways, Just thought I'd share my experiance with you all. :dunno::o:(

TighLines, Marcus

Marcus, you might want to review your last posts before you post something like this. All through the month of November you've been telling us that you've never been to Erindale.

Not true! They even let me in!! :w00t:

I did Dan :wallbash: I ll have to review the membership soon lmao Jokin Actually l wish we saw more of you at club events.

Marcus Anglers need to sometimes self police each other I dont suggest any radical methods but simply talking and educating them on the merits of what they are doing. Thankfully the Credit saw its largest year of Natural reproduction due to the monumental task of transfering 1000 or so fish up river, this year was the year we were to see massive numbers of smolts and a major increase in first yr returning fish...Happily we saw both proving that the N shore tributaries are some of the most prolific on the face of the planet, something many Im sure are not aware. Our N shore rivers are capable of densities of fish smolts in the 1.sqM which is huge, one of the reasons those that fish trout are so passionate about them, as we all see when some sort of controversial post comes up'

Marcus the club always wants and needs new blood to help visit the site and see where you can help, I usually have some lit that I hand out around nook season

You ll find that those that use the Credit for the angling opportunites that the chinook provide differ generally from those that use it for Steelhead

While your topic header is usually correct in the case of the Credit it's not. The river is on the verge of becoming the premier go to Ontario steelhead destination and something that should be envied by conservation groups governmental agencies and anglers.

A river that with only the govt stocking would get 800 fish in it now boasts 5-7 k of fish thanks to craa and with the final window on two projects a fish way and the completion of the environmental assessment for s species partition it should see a return of 15 to 20 k. A remarkable acheivement not done anywhere in North America

Edited by aniceguy