For you Musky guys!

chickenhawk

whats so funny bout that? it's proven...SMALLMOUTH EAT LEECHES.....it was and still is my favourite thing to use for smallies....i think your jus running out of insults GCD.....grow up dude how old are you anyways? callin a deceased person foolish on a site that he was a member of.....nice guy.....show some respect

Hawk

whats so funny bout that? it's proven...SMALLMOUTH EAT LEECHES.....it was and still is my favourite thing to use for smallies....

Hawk

I'm sorry chicken, but what Rich said just struck me as funny!!! :w00t:

i think your jus running out of insults GCD

Na, i got a million of them... but I do think you're in need of a good spell check program!!! :rolleyes:

.....grow up dude how old are you anyways? callin a deceased person foolish on a site that he was a member of.....nice guy.....show some respect

Try to stick to the topic on this thread... or is that more than your widdle mind can handle? :glare:

I'm sorry Chickenhawk, I didn't mean to insult you in any way, I really was clueless that you worked at a lodge.. I was wondering if you became part owner or something, my mistake - guess I don't pay enough attention around here. lol

As for the leeches.. nothing wrong with that if it's your bag. I guess I'm just spoiled by Lake Erie smallies all the time, where live bait is very, very rarely necessity.

I fish smallmouth all the time and live leeches (or crayfish if you can get them) are by far the best bait. Rich - you may think you don't *need* them but i guarantee they put more fish in your boat then artificials. Especially on a smaller fly-in lake.

Thanks for posting this. I would LOVE to find a backlake for musky that i can hike into. This obviously isn't that one, but great to know they exist.

most of the lakes that we offer as fly in day trips, George has stocked years ago, im not sure about Irregular but I know there used to be alot of muskies in Umfreville Lake and then it flooded and is now part of what we know as the English River, actually Chase has some memory of stocking a lake with his grandfather at a young age......there still is the odd musky kickin around the English River, there was 2 of them caught this year from our lodge and both released....so hopefully they continue to breed and it will be a good musky fishery within the next few years.

Hawk