ice conditions Jan/22/07 Bay of Quinte

skevys

Well I just got back and we have been making ice all day. Some of the pressure cracks have sealed up and some small new ones have formed. Point-Anne is still very scary and so is Massassauga point. Big bay has the best ice along with Herkimer. Pete’s Point has a huge pressure crack that is taking its time to seal up so watch it guys and gals. We now have a solid 6 inches at Big Bay and a solid 5 at Herkimer and Potter’s creek. Even though we have this thickness does not mean that it’s those measurements all-over the place, caution still needs to be used. It’s really looking like this coming weekend is going to be a go.

I still will not recommend it safe for all those that want to go out. I’m getting a lot of good reports to-day from many different reliable sources but they are with the same feelings I have.(CAUTION NEEDS TO BE A PRIORITY)

As far as fish go big bay seems to be the most consistent area Herkimer is a close second. Potters seems to be on one day then off the next. Not a lot of reports from Pete’s Point.

Hopefully the forecast holds true and we have our cold weather all week.

Remember be safe and use caution if you must take your chance. ………Ron

thanks again ron,you are our quinte resident go to man for ice updates for sure...glad to hear that things are getting better everyday,and i just watched the global news and a really big cold snap is comming our way with temps up to 10 degrees caolder than the norm of high -4 to -13 for the low toronto might be -19 by friday...thats what we wanna hear...thanks ron for keeping us up to date buddy cheers :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing: