Rabbit Hairs

blaque

Was stuck on tying marabou for the longest time and made the switch to rabbit hair, it may not be easier, but its a heck of a lot less messy.........and the action of the rabbit strips in the water is better in my opinion.

IMG_0531.jpg

IMG_0534.jpg

IMG_0538.jpg

IMG_0536.jpg

Tied a few more marabous just to do a direct comparison on tying time and mess lol

IMG_0556.jpg

Tied these all up on a saturday and caught a bunch of these on them on sunday

brown2.jpg

My 9 year old nephews creation LOL :clapping: Hes got a good jelly wrap going on this one

and LOVES making new and funky creations.

IMG_0543.jpg

And he is indeed HARDCORE LOL......he will get fully dressed in waders even if its just to practice casting in the front yard :thumbsup_anim: I caught this candid shot with a full look of concentration. Its just hilarious and heartwarming at the same time.

IMG_0522.jpg

And he is indeed HARDCORE LOL......he will get fully dressed in waders even if its just to practice casting in the front yard I caught this candid shot with a full look of concentration. Its just hilarious and heartwarming at the same time.

That's awesome!

Nice looking jigs Blaque .......... The picture of your nephew is priceless, you have to love the ambition ........

Hit the upper stretch of Cayuga for a few hours Saturday morning, went 3 for 4 on a white jig tipped with a pink Berkley power wiggler (grub).

Hit the upper stretch of Cayuga for a few hours Saturday morning, went 3 for 4 on a white jig tipped with a pink Berkley power wiggler (grub).

We did REAL well the weekend before this past one in the same areas. The water was on the rise and the fish were active as expected!

Any fly shop will have them, gander mountains and Bass Pros im sure as well.

Bunny Strips, the fur comes on strips about 1/4" wide. Any fly tying supplier online also will have them.

Kemper, you ever sneeze while tying up marabou jigs, and forget about what it is youve just been doing for an hour..........POOF!!!!!!

Real nice looking jigs Blaque :thumbsup_anim: I'm not a fly fisherman but appreciate your fine work :clapping:

Quick question.... how long does it take to tie one of those?

I can see the passion your nephew has for that type of fishing..... he's got it down to a T :thumbsup_anim:

Leechman

Real nice looking jigs Blaque :thumbsup_anim: I'm not a fly fisherman but appreciate your fine work :clapping:

Quick question.... how long does it take to tie one of those?

I can see the passion your nephew has for that type of fishing..... he's got it down to a T :thumbsup_anim:

Leechman

Oh and just an FYI leech, i floatfish these jigs, im not much of a flyrodder either....and these are weighted jigs, not exactly in the "fly" family...so ya dont have to be a fly guy to float one of these in the stream leech, you got a spinning rod and reel? a couple floats? Go to it my man, youll be hooked up in no time! I only flyfish for stream trout in the summer months (dries) and thats not that often. I tie up all kinds of other "flies" or patterns i should call them, but always fish them under a float.

Try "Matuka"-style with a chenille/tinsel belly too.

See, thats what i was after when i picked up the bunny strips, i was looking at tying something more along those lines, ive always wanted to take a shot at them, but then my ambition kind of deflated, or i should say, got side tracked when thinking i could simplify my jigs, so i did that first. Ive got a pattern for the Matuka style just waiting to get back to the table lol

Oh and just an FYI leech, i floatfish these jigs, im not much of a flyrodder either....and these are weighted jigs, not exactly in the "fly" family...so ya dont have to be a fly guy to float one of these in the stream leech, you got a spinning rod and reel? a couple floats? Go to it my man, youll be hooked up in no time! I only flyfish for stream trout in the summer months (dries) and thats not that often. I tie up all kinds of other "flies" or patterns i should call them, but always fish them under a float.

Ahhhh now I understand..... thanks Blaque for the info B):canadian: