Great GPS deal at Canadian Tire

danc

The Garmin Map 60 CX is on sale this week for an incredible $249.99. If you've been pondering a new GPS, this is the one. And while you're at it, pick up the 175W power inverter to run that same GPS in your car or boat. On sale as well for $23.99. This inverter has a USB port that allows you to run the GPS without batteries, of course, but also allows the unit to run with the back light on 100% of the time, as opposed to a very limited time with batteries. Great for night time navigating. I have both of these units (60 CSx actually) and am very pleased with both of them. The inverter paid for itself right away because I didn't have to buy a car charger for my cell phone. Just plug it into the USB port.

PS. The cheque is in the mail...thanks for the plug....haha.

I was thinking of you when I was typing this post Cliff. Just tell your CEO that it was because of you that the corporation sold a record # of units this week. I'll back ya... :thumbsup_anim:

At times you can get the map 76cx cheaper (referb) however be careful with that inverter Dan it's not a true sine wave and can shorten electronic component life, it's great for charging batteries though and I use it to power a trouble light with a 100W eq florescent light and it works great.

Thanks for the info Wild. I've been using mine freely on all of my electronics. I've probably got close to 100 hours with my GPS plugged in. Would this issue be something that could happen at any time, or since I've seemed to have passed the test of time, should I be ok now?? It would suck to blow up a $1000.00 camera because of me using a $24.00 power source.

I blew a motorola V3 cell phone on the inverter Dan, since this inverter puts out a modifies sine wave and the power spikes you never know for sure but electronic life is general shortened. The best thing you can do is get a pure sine wave inverter that will supply clean power. The same goes with generators, you run a risk using them to power electronics.

BTW if you have 100 hours on your garmin don't worry too much it can then handle a modified sine wave, some devices are more sensitive than others.. still it's good idea to read up on inverters before powering expensive electronics.

"Big Time" what Wild has said about the MSW(modified sine wave) inverters, some products will tell you outright to never use an MSW inverter even for charging batteries or powering sensitive equipment, it's like using a match to see how much gas is in the tank. I know the some people have good luck with the cheap ones, you'll also the see the difference in price and quality with a Pure sine inverter.