Float fishing main line

KelfuN

I use siglon F main line 10lb green. with a maxima 6 lb leader (depends on water conditions) i have used raven main line 10lb high viz line before and i didnt like it. not saying dont use it, but i didnt have a good expierence with it... so far this siglon has worked very well for me...

I spoke with the Raven rep today and that he told me that he only runs Raven Main Line on his float reels (and never ever told anyone to purchase a different line).

You caught me :rolleyes: ....Cause there is only one raven Rep in all of Ontario, and he's your best fishing pal :wallbash: (insert huge sarcastic smiley face here) . The guy who said that to me is a raven field tech /rep who is also a member of this board....But you new that already I am sure :clapping: ..thanks for calling your Raven Rep buddy and looking like a total idiot asking him such a question...LOL

Not only that, but one of his customers landed a 54lbs Chinook in Alaska using Raven Main Line - and any line that can take that kind of abuse has to be awesome! .....

I can drag in a dead Chinny on Raven too :blahblah1:

I find it funny how things can get posted on the internet and be taken as the truth when it really boils down to a bunch of crap.

I only speak the truth on this board, maybe with a little smack :whistling: sometimes but , never do I lie..... Never did I say the Rep who told me is the know all of steelheading, but I took his word for it.... Take it as you will

Nice CARP , thanks for coming out .....

Actually I was placing an order and well I guess you already know the rest. Glad you like the carp any other fish you'd like to see :blush:

sigalon F.... I been using that line for years.

That stopped last week when my main line broke like 5 times. I don't know if the line was bad / old or if i left it out on the sun to much? no idea and not going to guess.

I even pulled out descent amount of mainline and tied back every thing but still...

Never had that issue before. Now I'm going to try sigalon v 10lb with 6lb tippet.

I don't know if the line was bad / old or if i left it out on the sun to much?

My guess would be no LOL!

Siglon might be okay for the guys who strictly finesse fish and/or fish places like the east trib's mostly, but for larger flows I don't like it.

If you must use it bump up to 12lb, it's still very thin.

I beleive there is bad batches of line like everything else you find these days, I've had customers tell me the same thing the siglon they bought snapped like 2 pound tippet but I've yet to hit one of those spools. Personal preference obviously because i've been fishing the Niagara with siglon 10lb and it hasn't failed me yet. However like you can see in this post everyone has their own opinion and preference.

I spoke with the Raven rep today and that he told me that he only runs Raven Main Line on his float reels (and never ever told anyone to purchase a different line).

You caught me :rolleyes: ....Cause there is only one raven Rep in all of Ontario, and he's your best fishing pal :wallbash: (insert huge sarcastic smiley face here) . The guy who said that to me is a raven field tech /rep who is also a member of this board....But you new that already I am sure :clapping: ..thanks for calling your Raven Rep buddy and looking like a total idiot asking him such a question...LOL

Not only that, but one of his customers landed a 54lbs Chinook in Alaska using Raven Main Line - and any line that can take that kind of abuse has to be awesome! .....

I can drag in a dead Chinny on Raven too :blahblah1:

I find it funny how things can get posted on the internet and be taken as the truth when it really boils down to a bunch of crap.

I only speak the truth on this board, maybe with a little smack :whistling: sometimes but , never do I lie..... Never did I say the Rep who told me is the know all of steelheading, but I took his word for it.... Take it as you will

Nice CARP , thanks for coming out .....

Hey JDMLS!!

I'm liking you more with each post!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

A question for the one and only Raven rep. Has anyone ever complained about line stretch with their line or is it just me?? :lol: :lol:

Signed

NotaFan