trouble watching videos, what can I do?

Radnine

Hi All,

I have a question about watching videos on-line.

After watching one of the Saturday morning shows, I decided to check out myoutdoortv.com (one of the sponsors). It looks like a great site, but while watching one of the videos it kept stalling.

It seems that some videos play right through with no worries while others stop every so often. The weird thing is that the ones that stop can be re-started by clicking on the little moving indicator, and then they seem to take right off and keep going.

I have high-speed cable internet and an IBM ThinkPad for viewing. Any idea what gives? And can I do anything differently to watch videos uninterupted.

Thanks

Jim

I have the same prob with some vids (youtube), I just stop them and click on something else and come back later... sometimes that works, other times if i really want to see that particular vid, I'll run it completely in another window and come back when it has finished and click replay. I'll usually run fine then.

Hi All,

I have a question about watching videos on-line.

After watching one of the Saturday morning shows, I decided to check out myoutdoortv.com (one of the sponsors). It looks like a great site, but while watching one of the videos it kept stalling.

It seems that some videos play right through with no worries while others stop every so often. The weird thing is that the ones that stop can be re-started by clicking on the little moving indicator, and then they seem to take right off and keep going.

I have high-speed cable internet and an IBM ThinkPad for viewing. Any idea what gives? And can I do anything differently to watch videos uninterupted.

Thanks

Jim

Are they just loading slower than they're playing? There should be a bar that shows the download progress. If the play catches up to the dl the vid will stop momentarily. If you wait for it to dl fully it should play without interruption.

JF

Are they just loading slower than they're playing? There should be a bar that shows the download progress. If the play catches up to the dl the vid will stop momentarily. If you wait for it to dl fully it should play without interruption.

JF

It seems that they "pre-load" to a point and play till that point, and then they stop and stay there. I have never been patient enough to find out if they will continue. I mean, I have waited some but not very long.

The videos on the site mentioned (myoutdoortv.com) seem to be worse than most youtube videos (I have written them to see if it is anything on their end).

Sorry to hear that you are having trouble streaming the shows from MyOutdoorTV.com. We stream at 500 kbps, which is above the average stream speed for video on the Internet. As a stream, it doesn't download, so there is no progressive downloading to your computer. If you move the bar, it should start streaming from that point in the show.

We use Limelight as our carrier and they are an international distribution company for Internet video. We periodically get complaints about buffering and it is hard to track down. But if you have continued problems, please email us at [email protected] so we can see if there is any way to track down the issue.

Thank you for checking out the network as it has over 6,000 videos and over 250 shows. We will be launching a redesigned site by December 1.

Thanks,

Chris Moise, CEO, MyOutdoorTV.com