Bag or Box?

bicephalic

I use a Plano 7771 box(love it!), along with a bag with 4 370 containers and 1 360 container. Then I also carry a binder for my soft plastics. I also have a small 2 tray box for in the canoe.

Believe it or not, this is not enough storage for me as I have an extra 370 and 360 full that won't fit in the bag...lol...I've got problems...please don't tell my wife....

My problem too Markystang was that nothing I could buy could possibly fit all the tackle I needed.

That's why I have about 35 of the one layer trays people are talking about down in the basement. When I'm going out, I mix & match the ones I need for the day and put them in whatever's convenient. Backpack for shore trips, milk crates for boat trips.

Bag all the way! So convenient to carry a couple trays plus other stuff that won't fit nicely in the bottom of your box. Like your drift sock, for example...that I took home with me from up north and is now riding around the back seat of my Jeep :P

But getting back to how handy the tackle bag is....you can have your big monster box of tackle, and when you go targeting a certain species, pack a couple trays and have a nice LIGHT, easy to carry bag, that goes over your shoulder leaving your hands free. Instead of a big box full of tangled lures, that either won't open or close because of tangled hooks inside it.