Saturday With Cast Adventures

dobee

Got out with Paul from cast Adventures on Saturday, Me and my buddy Brian decided we would bring our dads out and get them into some fish. My dad hasn’t been on a boat in over 40 years, so I made sure I brought a couple brown bags, just in case :( Turns out we didn’t need them!

Here is the crew before we headed out!

IMG_6410.jpg

We brought in 6 lakers and 2 steelies. I hit the first fish of the day. Paul said “your gonna get one right about here” not 10 seconds later I hook into a nice steelhead…gave me a great fight, man they fight different in the fall then they do in the spring!

IMG_6413.jpg

From there on out we were hitting lakers, my buddy Brian with his 2 lakers for the day.

DSC02095.jpg

DSC02121.jpg

Then I got into another big steelie. Ended up losing one just after as well, he was abit smaller maybe 4-5 pounds.

IMG_6424.jpg

Then we decided to go from a 4 person drift to 2 person drift , we seemed to hit a lot more fish this way….First up was the dads. My dad had lost a fish earlier and was determined to bring one in… then he yells “FISH ON!!” I think everyone on the river heard him lol… as hes fighting dave (Brians dad) yells out “Fish On!” and so begins the double-header!

My dad brings in his first, a nice fat laker!

DSC02107.jpg

And daves laker!

DSC02112.jpg

Then dave lands 2 more lakers before we leave… he was on fire at the end of the day..

IMG_6436.jpg

DSC02127.jpg

One of his lakers was missing an eye!

DSC02131.jpg

Our fathers had a great time. I don’t get out much with my dad, it was nice to be out on the water with him, I haven’t seen him smile so much in a long time..… I will always remember this day….

IMG_6460.jpg

And the take home:

IMG_6457.jpg

IMG_6459.jpg

We had a great day out on the water.. This is my 4th trip with Paul there will be many more! For sure… P.S: All lake trout were released immediately after pics.

Thanks for reading,

Joe

Great report and awesome pics, Dobee! :clapping: I really cherish the time I spend out in the boat with my Dad, too...

While reading through the report, I suddenly say to myself "hey, that's the Brian I know!" Yep, we go back some 6 or 7 years - brought together by girls that are both our ex's now. lol

Brian - we'll share a boat next year for sure - my promise.

Thanks for sharing - looks like an amazing day!

Good Fishing,

Justin

great report man, Paul is a great guy for anyone to get out with on the river, It was a non-charter"fun-fishin" day with him last winter that I got my biggest of the year. I spent many days on the river in my boat last year, and every time I saw Paul out on the water he had a boat load of happy clients aboard. I don't think I ever seen that guy without a smile on his face.

Nice to see you got out with your Dad and shared some great times together, that's what it's all about right there :Gonefishing:

See ya on the water soon :)