Nov 5th BOQ Trolling Report

superdad

In case of a quick freeze in the next couple of weeks, the dock had to come out of Hay Bay and BayBoy with Laker John helped me take it out and pull it on the shore. It was a bit of a struggle, but with the extremely low water it took some shoving and tugging. Water temp in Hay Bay when we left at 1100 was 48 degs.

After the dock was pulled, we launched the boat to discover that the battery had lost power........ Bayboy supplied me his battery and we powered up and headed to Keith Shoal. Only 8 or 10 boats in the area.

Began to troll and set the six lines out and within five minutes, one of the boards was dragged back and the reel told us "Fish ON". Laker John took the rod and I was able to slip the net under a real beauty.

Boy Oh Boy - we thought, the bite is on!!!!!! THAT WAS IT!!!!!!!!!!

1105_Laker%20John%20-%206.75lbs.jpg

We trolled for three hours and never had a tug.... Didn't see any other nets on any of the boats in the area. Water temp in Adolphus Reach was 52.1 degs

Trolled for a bit from Q4 over towards the marina and decided to head back at 1530 as we didn't want to get caught pulling the boat and getting the gear off in the dark.

The weather was PERFECT - unbelievable for first week of November.

Will take a break for the weekend and hope to get back next week.

Stay Tuned.

Edited by superdad